A&H

Toon v Burnley

Kes

I'll Decide ...
From first whistle to first free kick - 19 mins 28 seconds.
How often do you see that at any level - let alone the EPL?!! :cool:

The Referee Store
Half time and more than happy with the score. :)
Bizarre game stats-wise in that first half though. Only 8 free kicks awarded and not one offside flag. Not sure what that says about the football. Pawson has certainly missed a couple of things though ... ;)

From first whistle to first free kick - 19 mins 28 seconds.
How often do you see that at any level - let alone the EPL?!! :cool:

I had done two tough games Saturday morning and was down for two on the Sunday, the first one on the Sunday was again a tough one and i was struggling with an old knee injury i had and was probably 60/70% fir for second Sunday game.

It was 2nd v 8th but only ten in the league so knew it would be double figures, thankfully i got a bit of a walkover, gave a few throw ins and honestly think i gave 5/6 fouls all game.

I had done two tough games Saturday morning and was down for two on the Sunday, the first one on the Sunday was again a tough one and i was struggling with an old knee injury i had and was probably 60/70% fir for second Sunday game.

It was 2nd v 8th but only ten in the league so knew it would be double figures, thankfully i got a bit of a walkover, gave a few throw ins and honestly think i gave 5/6 fouls all game.

It does happen.

I had a similar game at the beginning of last season. Seven free kicks for the whole 90 mins.

The longest I've ever gone without awarding a free kick (for a foul) is 22 mins. Again, that was from the first whistle.

I'd wager there's few if any EPL games that get nearly 20 mins in before a free kick is awarded though. :)

Rafa's tactical nous is what'll keep us in the Premier League mate - that and the fact that there are at least 3 teams who are even crapper than we are. Nowt else. ;)

Certainly not that fat ****ney wassick. :cool:
I was looking forward to the Tyne Wear Derby too!!

I was looking forward to the Tyne Wear Derby too!!
Unless they're drawn together in a Cup game, we won't see any horses getting punched until season 21/22, what with the Mackems all set to choke in the play-offs ;)
I see the Mags are 40/1 to be relegated now. How many miracles does Benitez need to be canonized?

Arise Sir Mike Ashley, saviour of the Toon!!!! :)

I posted that elsewhere over the weekend and was, well, roundly rounded on
Newcastle lose? Ashley fault, Ashley this, Ashley that
Newcastle win? No mention.

if your going to kick him when its going bad, you need to be willing to kiss him when its going well

if your going to kick him when its going bad, you need to be willing to kiss him when its going well

Erm .... :rolleyes:

It's the coach (and maybe the players) you congratulate when it's going well mate. Not the Chairman.

Ashley has kept Toon at mid-table mediocrity at best for several seasons now with his absolute refusal to do anything other than use the club as an income generator. he couldn't give a monkey's about success - just so long as they avoid relegation - but even then that wouldn't necessarily bother him.

And besides, just because Toon were able to beat a team just 1 place above them at home last night is no reason to be kissing anybody - least of all Ashley. :cool:

So when the going is bad you take it out on the man in the stand, even though he is never going to kick a ball for the team
yet when the going's good, same gent gets no praise, instead, the same players who when its going bad and its them to blame, get the praise
that's double standards.

I do have a bee in my bonnet about Newcastle as a place tbh so am never going to back down

We're entitled to gripe regardless of results, when Ashley only uses the club as a massive advertising hoarding for Sports Direct
He's spent 30 million net on players in over a decade. Only a miracle worker in the form of a Spanish Waiter could conjure something out of that!

And if he walked away tonight there would be no club at all....

And also, (I think covers near any reg poster on here), be lucky if there is a single poster on here ever seen Newcastle win anything (of note), so, its totally unfair to blame him for where they are today, given, they (other than 1 season where they decided to give up and give it to Utd), have never been anywhere in the first place !!!

And if he walked away tonight there would be no club at all....

And also, (I think covers near any reg poster on here), be lucky if there is a single poster on here ever seen Newcastle win anything (of note), so, its totally unfair to blame him for where they are today, given, they (other than 1 season where they decided to give up and give it to Utd), have never been anywhere in the first place !!!
He's not going to 'walk away' without selling it!
And if it was sold, there'd be a new owner.... and Newcastle United would remain as a going concern, for better or for worse. As for the 'what have you won?' patter, very few teams win anything anymore. It's very likely that football will continue to become less competitive and it's very likely that most 'also-rans' will not win anything for decades to come

So he has to invest more money for a prize that, is not going to come anyway.

Its off topic and for that I apologise but the stick that man gets when he should be knighted is bewildering.

This country just cant stand to see a successful businessman.

I don't think anybody really knows what to make of Ashley. A recent Bloomberg article claimed he's very difficult to deal with and suspicious of everyone. Yet he's single handed propping up the high street whilst Amazon threaten to take over the world. Relatively speaking, he's a wealthy owner by Premier League standings (8th apparently), but his interests in owning a football club are not in harmony with typical fan expectations. It's his choice not to invest (which equates to donate) in the club, which is a shame for the Club

So when the going is bad you take it out on the man in the stand, even though he is never going to kick a ball for the team
yet when the going's good, same gent gets no praise, instead, the same players who when its going bad and its them to blame, get the praise
that's double standards.

I do have a bee in my bonnet about Newcastle as a place tbh so am never going to back down

Don't want you to "back down" mate, but what you say makes no sense. I'll try and put it simplistically for you:

Toon keep getting beat or keep struggling every season because the team isn't as good as most of the others in the Premier League. The reason for this is because the Chairman refuses to invest in the club by importing top-class (expensive) players to the club, in line with the club's net worth and his spending capability. Newcastle United therefore, and it's fan base even though it's one of the bigger clubs on the circuit, have to consistently watch and support a team who's ability isn't in keeping with it's size, stature and potential spending power.

How'd you have felt if SAF had suddenly been told he couldn't seek out and try to lure the world's best players to Old Trafford season after season like he did, because the chairman simply wasn't prepared to invest. Man Utd wouldn't have dominated for as long as they did and you'd have (rightly) been extremely pissed off. If you'd had Ashley as your Chairman, who didn't give a toss about continued success and who would have insisted upon the sale of Messrs Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Cantona, once they reached top sale value, refused to fork out for Van Nistelrooy or Van Persie etc. You'd feel the same wee man. ;)

Back