A&H

Tough game

RegalRef

Politically Incorrect
Had a very tough game today. Blue vs Orange.

Don't know if these two have history but it was handbags from word go. Not helped that Orange had about 8 Irish travellers in their side who were rough and mouthy.

Little fat blue 11 and Irish orange 8 were walking past to get ready for a goal kick mouthing off at each other, so stopped the GK and gave them both a talking to.This was on two minutes.

And that was how the game went for the remaining 88.

After 15 minutes stopped a GK being taken and bought both captains over to warn them I was sick of hearing a running commentary on the game from their players, and telling me their opinion on every little foul or decision.

It quietened down a bit for 10 minutes then, until Orange 16 slides in from the side by his own centre circle, fouls blue player and then makes contact with the ball. Give the foul, que 'but I won the ball ref' protests.

Of course little fat blue 11 takes a wonderful free kick and blue striker heads ball into net, followed by orange team acting all hard done by, and of course it's my fault for the original free kick.

Rest of the half is uneventful really, apart from blue 11 telling everyone how wonderful he is and generally getting on everybody's thrupnys. Bought captain in with him just before half time to give him final warning to shut it or take a caution. Half time comes 2-1 to blue.

Second half starts as first finished, apart from Orange 8 being cautioned for dissent for his over vocal protestation at claims for a throw. It's funny how he claimed to have done nothing wrong but when asked by his teammate what he said he missed out the half of the sentence, the bit that got him in the book.

Decided to take firm grip of match control for next 15 minutes by giving absolutely everything, and tackles flew in. I rained down 6 more cautions in the next 10 minutes, 5 of them for excessive use of the mouth.

By this time blue had scored 3 more and Orange kind of gave up and went looking for blood, starting with little fat blue 11. 2 more cautions for fouls on him, the second injuring him enough to limp off, which was nice.

5 minutes before the end orange clears ball down line, blue comes in late with foot up and intentionally catches orange. Orange gets up, shoves him and small amount of handbags ensue.

Caution for foul from blue, second caution for AAA for orange.

Blue score one last goal and blow up.

Final Score Blue 6 - 1 Orange. 11 cautions, 1 sending off.

As I walk off with very few handshakes from anybody I get a really old speccy from the Orange team say 'not sending them in are you ref.'

'Of course I am mate.If they want to turn up and behave like that perhaps they'll learn when the fines come through.'

The Referee Store
Wow, sounds like you had your hands more than full in that one. Well done for staying in control and dealing with it from start to finish!

And two Red Offinabus for you for the 'Traveller' and 'Fat' comments ;)

Lol, I was trying to be as descriptive but none offensive with those comments as possible.

Both were factually correct though mods ;):p

It was a hands more than full one, although I wouldn't say I kept control all through. There were a couple of times I thought I'd lost it but managed to get it back.

They were even arguing and squaring up outside the changing rooms.

I enjoyed the challenge, and my last game was so dull, I'd take one like this every day.

I was a bit disappointed with my positioning today I have to say.I felt lazy, heavy legged and not very sharp.

Something to work on for my next game :)

11 yellows in a game, crikey. Makes my 7 from last week seem like I had a breeze of a game.

Well done for going to the book when you needed to. Seen far to many refs take abuse for 90 minutes without taking action.

Cheers Herts.

I think having reflected, I should perhaps have gone for the first yellow in the first half and not given a last warning with the captain. Might have quietend the rest down a bit earlier.

Having said that it didn't make too much difference after the first was issued anyway.

I had a quick look at the table afterwards and Orange are bottom - P19 L19 so I can only agree with your comments on another thread that the worst teams moan the most.

I love it when they refuse to shake your hand at the end of the game, I've had it a couple of times in my short career, and each time I've had a decent game (not my fault they don't know the LOTG!)

Makes those expenses all the more pleasing

Don't talk to me about the whole game servers :mad: my 7 yellows from last week bounced back and didn't submit. So did it on Saturday again a week later. Expecting a call from fa any time now!

Back