A&H

Training 4.11

It's warm so let's run faster ...

With the country in the grip of a mini heatwave I had visions of us collapsing if we tried to run for as long as we have done recently. I decided we would try out a session that I wanted to do last Wednesday and with it being running for shorter bursts it seemed to match up well with the heat.

We started our usual warm up routine and completed our shuttles in good time. Paul had to go to a meeting after training and with Steve turning up we needed to get a move on, so we all got a decent work out. So we ran at a decent pace (3/4 pace?) diagonally from one corner of the field to another before walking along the goal line to the corner, running diagonally to the opposite corner before walking along the goal line to the start point. We repeated the set 3 more times making it a total of 8 diagonals and then we took a rest of around 3 minutes.

We then repeated another 4 sets, had another rest and then (because Paul had to get to his meeting) we did a final set of 3, making a total 22 diagonals. I was flagging part way through (and if you look on the graph below you can clearly see it) my heart rate monitor gave a strange reading. I hadn't noticed this other than being a little breathless. When we started my diagonals were taking around 21 seconds and by the time we finished I had deteriorated to 26 seconds, so I've some work still to do on my fitness but the rise and fall of my heart rate is looking sharper with every session!

We completed our warm down exercise and stretches before heading home. I was getting some pain in my left Achilles and right calf so I made sure they got good stretches.

Calories 904, average heart rate 80%

1430959096615306100-8644648517844264115

The Referee Store
Back