A&H

Training 4.6

Three's company and 25 is a football training session.

Just as I was about to leave work the heavens opened and it rained heavily for at least 30 minutes. The drive home saw me passing through a large number of deep puddles and I thought the field we use might be under water. Well it wasn't quite, but it was a lot softer than it has been so I switched from trainers to boots.

Steve and Eddie had already started training and were doing fartleks around the field, running one side, walking three, running two, walking two, running three, walking one and finishing by running all four sides. I'd considered that as well but with a local football team setting up a training session in the top half of the field, we (Neil, Paul and I) would have been constantly avoiding them, so after we did our usual 5 minute run and shuttles, I settled for a simple run/walk exercise.

We ran around one half of the field, running for one minute, then walking for 30s before repeating 4 more times making it a total of 5 minutes running and 2 minutes walking. After that first set we took a 2 1/2 minute rest before repeating the set. In fact we did 4 sets of 5 runs in total but on the 2nd my heart rate monitor went crazy showing my heart rate was at 105% of maximum and static. I thought it was the monitor but as soon as I stopped running, the rate dropped off again. i took it easier on the next run and it settled down again.

We finished the exercise, did our warm down and stretches before heading off home ... before the rain started again. We're back at it again on Friday. I've already planned the end of week session with Neil and Paul and it's going to be running at an even pace for 12 minutes, 5 minutes rest and another 12 minutes running. I'm already looking forward to it being over.

Calories 999, average heart rate 83%. Click the pic for a larger version.

1430959096615306100-1719363531075958925

The Referee Store
Back