A&H

Training 4.7

Did someone mention drought?

Since it was announced that much of eastern England was facing drought like conditions it's hardly stopped raining. So tonight it was a case of beat the rain. We started with our usual 5 minute run followed by shuttles for the warm up. Our shuttles involve jogging from the goal line to the edge of the penalty area and back (distance 33m in total), then on the way out to the edge we do a series of exercises ... side to side left foot leading, side to side right foot leading, high knees, bum kicks, two steps to the left then two steps to the right, finishing up with the hamstring walk. Each time the exercises are done on the way out to the edge of the penalty area and then we jog back to the start point on the goal line.

With the clouds gathering we set off on a 12 minute run followed by a 7 minute rest and then another 12 minute run. On the first run (and you can see it on the graph below) my lace became untied and I had to stop to tie it. I was working as hard as I could but just wasn't feeling that good about training tonight. We did the 2nd set running around the field in a clockwise direction (we usually go anti-clockwise) and that seemed ok.

Just as we were finishing the warm down, the heavens opened, so I gave Paul and Neil and lift home. Back out again on Monday at 6:30!!!

Calories 816%, average heart rate 77% (the break between runs was too long!)

1430959096615306100-1674983676174417624

The Referee Store
Back