A&H

Training 4.9

I should be in a muddy field ...

All the people who turned up on Monday disappeared, apart from Paul and he'd been to the physio for a back problem and arrived with strict instructions not to do any exercise. Meanwhile I was regretting my decision to allow my Glastonbury ticket to lapse (that was until I saw the weather there) and needed a decent run out.

Life was made more difficult with a local football team in the top half of the field, a ladies football team training in the bottom quadrant and a youth team occupying the top field and much of the rugby field alongside the field we usually use.

So in a tight space it was time to run in straight lines and I decided to repeat the exercise from Training 4.3. Now I have been feeling slightly fitter over the last week and tonight I got proof. When I did this exercise 2 weeks ago I started with a time of 1:57 and this quickly deteriorated until I was taking 2:20 to finish the set.

This time I started with 1:58 (twice), 2:00 and 2:02 for the first 4 sets. After a 3 minute rest I went again and went from 2:05 to 2:09 (twice) and then back to 2:08. Another 3 minute rest and away I went again starting with 2:06 (twice), 2:09 and finished with 2:05. So I managed to shave quite a few seconds off the time for each set and I was feeling pretty good. I also introduced a routine of 100 sit ups into my training but did these this morning after I got up. This contributed to reduced discomfort in my back, which is a good thing. I did my warm down and scarpered off home for some fried chicken and salad!

Having completed 9 sessions so far this summer, I decided that Friday will be a simple recovery session consisting of the warm up and warm down with a 30 minute jogging session in between. Should be interesting ...

Calories 971, average heart rate 82%. Click for a larger version

1430959096615306100-7913682682128594657

The Referee Store
Back