A&H

Tutoring

willt2004

Newref
Level 8 Referee
Hi all

How do you go about helping out on the FA referees course. I imagine you have to have a couple of years experience but there was quite a young person on our course helping to tutor.

Thanks for any help.

The Referee Store
A tutor has to be credible. To be that they need significant experience as a referee (probably have at least 2 promotions under their belt), have a very good (encyclopaedic?) knowledge of the laws of the game and more importantly how to apply them.

Once you get past that stage, you need to make your RDO aware of your interest. You may need to be nominated to a nationally run course to train as a tutor. You also need a thick skin as some of the development advice can be pretty direct. You need to be able to accept criticism and change what you do to make yourself more effective.

The young person on your course may have been assisting to get some experience before attending a tutor course. They may also have many years of experience as a referee. It is one of the most rewarding parts of being involved in refereeing. Another of my newbies has been promoted to Level 3 this week. It's nice to know I helped set him on the path.

A tutor has to be credible. To be that they need significant experience as a referee (probably have at least 2 promotions under their belt), have a very good (encyclopaedic?) knowledge of the laws of the game and more importantly how to apply them.

Once you get past that stage, you need to make your RDO aware of your interest. You may need to be nominated to a nationally run course to train as a tutor. You also need a thick skin as some of the development advice can be pretty direct. You need to be able to accept criticism and change what you do to make yourself more effective.

The young person on your course may have been assisting to get some experience before attending a tutor course. They may also have many years of experience as a referee. It is one of the most rewarding parts of being involved in refereeing. Another of my newbies has been promoted to Level 3 this week. It's nice to know I helped set him on the path.

Thanks mate - will get a couple of seasons in first and see if I can climb the ladder and hopefully become a tutor👍

Back