A&H

U11 Caution

Rowanmano

Level 7 Referee
Had an incident on Sunday where a u11 player committed an act of spa I warned him and then 5 mins later he did it again then a few mins later when a substitution was in process manager said to me that it was harsh and that he was only a kid just wondering whether I made the correct decision????

The Referee Store
If you feel something is a caution, esp after a warning then I cant see how you have gone wrong.
Do we wait until the 9th time he does it and by then its farcical?
You don't need to fall out with the coach either, you can simply say "I can see where you are coming from but as referee I felt a caution was needed"

as ever its hard to say for sure without being there, and even then, sometimes there is no exact right or wrong

Thickie here..... what’s spa pls?

Is there a place on this forum where all abrieviations can be found?

Thanks

I see no issue with different tolerance levels at different ages. An U/11 match is very different to a local first grade match. So is a local low grade mens game. So is an U/16 match. Etc etc. Different tolerance levels for everything are fine. The games aren't the same so lets not pretend we can referee them the same.

I personally tend to have a lower tolerance level at younger ages for some things (including dissent), but other things I'm happy to take into account inexperience...to a certain degree.

Back