A&H

U18 vs OA Football - Differences?

HarryD

I have my first U18 game tomorrow. I've been doing OA football a lot this season (as well as 3-4 kids ones) so I haven't got a clue what to expect. The only knowledge is playing U18 football last season for a hopeless team who had a dodgy reputation - if its anything like how I experienced it I'm going to be giving out yellows like theres no tomorrow! But I digress...

Anyway, what should I expect and how should I approach it? Like an OA game or cut them a bit of slack because its still youth football?

The Referee Store
Apply to it as OA, afterall you can play OA at 16. All laws stand, nothing special, only thing I'd expect would be a lot of dissent (due to having a field full of hormonal teenagers).

Did a ladies U18 and even the Captain said the the Left Back wasn't really all that gobby normally, just that it was that time of the month. Still got a YC for it mind.

OA all the way. U18s are often older than the bulk of some open age teams!

And polish your yellow card and auto fill C2 in a caution form for when you get home!

Did this game today - two off for VC and 3 cautioned - 2 for AA and 1 for FT. No dissent surprisingly... apart from the away assistant manager.

Back