A&H

Unannounced Assessment

It's not likely to be a blocker for promotion, so I won't bother the RDO
I have the advantage of being a RefChat Addict and the advice gleaned herein.

Fair enough, but RefChat isn't the one handling your promotion, the RDO is probably best positioned for full clarity on this one. :)

Hopefully the third assessment won't have any positioning comments!

The Referee Store
Fair enough, but RefChat isn't the one handling your promotion, the RDO is probably best positioned for full clarity on this one. :)

Hopefully the third assessment won't have any positioning comments!
In his county, the RDO, fantastic as he is, isn't the one handling his promotion. But generally good advice I agree!

In his county, the RDO, fantastic as he is, isn't the one handling his promotion. But generally good advice I agree!
Yeh, I fancy my RDO would add to the melting pot with something different again! And the promotion office would only point me at the RDO. I'm sure there's less difference of opinion at the higher levels

Well, I've learned from only two assessments that observers say different things. I've been given a positional development point which I enacted in my second assessment, only to be given my preferred (original) positional method as a development point in my second assessment. My esteemed mentor @Russell Jones has come to the rescue, suggesting I should do both and tick all boxes :confused:
Maybe @Mintyref 's preferred method of running round in circles (10 yard radius) is the ticket!

And what else do you expect? Us to make it easy for you and all agree.....

Positioning is a skill to give credible decisions - the observers should be giving you the reason for their positioning advice (drawn from previous experience). It is up to you to use or dismiss accordingly. If you are always in the credible position to make the correct decision, then your positioning is prefect. But we are there to help to think what is the correct position?

Yes, we will disagree as we all did different things when we refereed (all those years ago :old: ). If you don't agree with their advice, don't be afraid to ask them to explain their reasoning.

And what else do you expect? Us to make it easy for you and all agree.....

Positioning is a skill to give credible decisions - the observers should be giving you the reason for their positioning advice (drawn from previous experience). It is up to you to use or dismiss accordingly. If you are always in the credible position to make the correct decision, then your positioning is prefect. But we are there to help to think what is the correct position?

Yes, we will disagree as we all did different things when we refereed (all those years ago :old: ). If you don't agree with their advice, don't be afraid to ask them to explain their reasoning.
Indeed. The first assessment was old skool (wide, wider, not wide enough), the second asked why I was in a different County and blowing out my bottom!

In his county, the RDO, fantastic as he is, isn't the one handling his promotion.

Ah, our RDO's handle the promotion + assessment of the assessors here. So many differences between the neighbouring countries I guess. :smoke: Or maybe I'm not using the right terminology. I dunno. :alien:

Indeed. The first assessment was old skool (wide, wider, not wide enough), the second asked why I was in a different County and blowing out my bottom!

All of mine thus far has been the old school wide, wider, why are you not on the touchline?

I remember many many years ago assessors introducing themselves - after the game.

This happened about 1/3 of the time as i recall. I had to tell the county all my games and they chose when to attend.

One of them (assessors) was well known for hiding between 2 trees at a well used venue and he did the same to me. After the surprise i asked him why he hid. He said he wasn't hiding. Very odd.

Well, I've learned from only two assessments that observers say different things. I've been given a positional development point which I enacted in my second assessment, only to be given my preferred (original) positional method as a development point in my second assessment. My esteemed mentor @Russell Jones has come to the rescue, suggesting I should do both and tick all boxes :confused:
Maybe @Mintyref 's preferred method of running round in circles (10 yard radius) is the ticket!
Absolutely.......that's why you have one leg longer than t'other young man......always equidistant from each penalty area too...win, win

I remember many many years ago assessors introducing themselves - after the game.

This happened about 1/3 of the time as i recall. I had to tell the county all my games and they chose when to attend.

One of them (assessors) was well known for hiding between 2 trees at a well used venue and he did the same to me. After the surprise i asked him why he hid. He said he wasn't hiding. Very odd.
Our divisional chief assessor, Jim, used to do that. He assessed me twice from behind trees and the first I knew was when the report dropped. Not even the players knew, which was unusual.

On the supply leagues then they often didn't come in, and on one of the grounds I got assessed from the bar a couple of times. This was across a walkway, over an advertising hoarding, across a greyhound track, over another hoarding, then 5 yards to the pitch! The closest he could get to the touchline was 20 yards, but even then the view was obscured by two hoardings, a window with mesh across it and the crowd, such as it was. You never even got a chance to tell him he was wrong because he shot off as soon as the whistle went, so had to argue the toss once you got the report.

Back