A&H

United v Burnley

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
Lengthy post/rant coming up! Had my first taste of Old Trafford last night, going as a neutral to watch the game which didn’t disappoint!

One thing which did disappoint and is something which has been mentioned on this forum many times is the handling of time wasting. Jon Moss’ control of this was almost laughable at times.

Second half, there were 2 injuries, 4 goals and 3 substitutions. In light of recent conversation on here, I used my trusty stopwatch to time celebrations and Tom Heaton in that half. For goal kicks, from the point he got the ball in his hands whether that’s from a hurried United player or through a ball boy, he managed to ‘kill’ 3:48 by doing the typical walking across the 6 yard, tapping your boots on the post etc etc. There we several hand gestures and whistles from Moss but no booking ever came. Burnley celebrations for both goals also managed to kill an additional total of 2:04. But at least Moss managed to book Taylor for dwelling on a throw in for about 10 seconds (untimed) in the second half ...

So through that alone we’ve got to 5:52 without subs, injuries, the penalty etc. There we’re 5 minutes of added time which also had an additional goal scored within it. Moss blew the whistle on 4:58.

We’re all aware of the problems with time wasting but thought this might interest some people, or you may even say I’ve wasted your time! ;)

The Referee Store
Sean Dyche still complained about Jon Moss playing an extra 5 minutes "The frustration is a mystery five minutes, I was confused by that, I thought it gave the crowd a lift, and gave more energy to their side. I don't like to see penalties when they touch you on the shoulder and all of a sudden your legs don't work, I'm not a fan of that, but we know that happens."

Sean Dyche still complained about Jon Moss playing an extra 5 minutes "The frustration is a mystery five minutes, I was confused by that, I thought it gave the crowd a lift, and gave more energy to their side. I don't like to see penalties when they touch you on the shoulder and all of a sudden your legs don't work, I'm not a fan of that, but we know that happens."
Managers having a go at refs with no evidence and when they are factually wrong - nothing new. It's funny that the OP timed the incidents, I wonder what Dyche would say to that?

Managers having a go at refs with no evidence and when they are factually wrong - nothing new. It's funny that the OP timed the incidents, I wonder what Dyche would say to that?

He moans every week. Next week a Burnley player gets hauled back in the area and no pen and he will be informing us for 247th time that Burnley get the fewest penalties ever of ANY team that ever existed.

Back