A&H

Utd v Chelsea

deusex

RefChat Addict
Anthony Taylor is not having the best day.
Reckon he's failed to caution six reckless challenges and both teams should be town to 10. Everything else has been fine but his has been far too leniant with the cards.

The Referee Store
Anthony Taylor is not having the best day.
Reckon he's failed to caution six reckless challenges and both teams should be town to 10. Everything else has been fine but his has been far too leniant with the cards.
Not quite sure Anthony Taylor would agree considering Martin Atkinson is in charge of this one 😝

Well Bailly and Rojo are walking red cards and will lament that VAR is coming next season to keep them both off the pitch more than the injuries they pick up. -_-

I thought Atkinson had a weird game, he was giving fouls for what I thought were good tackles. Willian I think got a caution for a great tackle on Mata. And he missed the Bailly two footer and the Rojo studding, though tbf I thought it would be tricky to catch the Rojo one at real time speed.

Unfortunately I think age is finally catching up with Atkinson. His movement is static and he struggles to keep us. He’s been one of the best over the years, but I’d be surprised if he didn’t head over to the VAR van very soon

Unfortunately I think age is finally catching up with Atkinson. His movement is static and he struggles to keep us. He’s been one of the best over the years, but I’d be surprised if he didn’t head over to the VAR van very soon

I'd hope they keep Atkinson around in some capacity. He's had a great career and would likely still be a valuable resource in some capacity. He's been a very good official for a number of years. His handling of last year's Arsenal-Liverpool game at the Emirates was, in my opinion, a refereeing masterclass. One of the best big game jobs I have seen in a long time.

Back