A&H

Val vs Bar

one

RefChat Addict
This vid may be geo blocked.

Is everyone happy with the first goal (50 min of game)?
Is everyone happy with the sanction for the pen before the second goal (56th min of game)?

The Referee Store
Ter Stegen gets nowhere near this and contact is minimal, not like the Valencia player makes an obvious blocking motion.
I was surprised not to see a red card for the penalty call
(here https://streamable.com/zhtty4)
Control probably in doubt but I find it hard to see a more obvious OGSO than a shot from the five yard line.
VAR never intervenes with either color card here. Luckily dint matter in the end, but the penalty would have been retaken as Cillessen was obviously off his line.

Ter Stegen gets nowhere near this and contact is minimal, not like the Valencia player makes an obvious blocking motion.
Control probably in doubt but I find it hard to see a more obvious OGSO than a shot from the five yard line.
VAR never intervenes with either color card here. Luckily dint matter in the end, but the penalty would have been retaken as Cillessen was obviously off his line.
Referees' criteria of DOGSO leaves something to be desired IMHO. Doesn't match that of a decent footballer, like when a top-class whippet is brought down when clean through inside own half

I dunno. That’s a high ball to control. Not sure about liklihood of control as far as OGSO. And from there, for VAR, the Q is not whether DOGSO would be a better call, but whether it was C&E error not to give red. I think VAR was proper to not intervene (but I also would not have wanted VAR to intervene if the R had gone with red).

As far as VAR intervening “with either color card,” that is not within VAR ambit. VAR cannot recommend review for a caution. The VAR can only recommend review on this play of the VAR concludes it was a C&E error for the R not to have sent off the defender.

Cheers for posting the penalty, I think that's an interesting one, red and yellow both supportable, he's got to take a touch and shoot all before he's challenged, not 100% sure

The key word here in DOGSO is obvious. The ball hasn't even got to the forward, so I don't think this incident can really meet the requirements for DOGSO.

The key word here in DOGSO is obvious. The ball hasn't even got to the forward, so I don't think this incident can really meet the requirements for DOGSO.

I get you but imo the fact the ball hasn't got to the striker isn't important here. He's very likely to control it, the issue for me is if he's challenged before he gets the shot off.

As far as VAR intervening “with either color card,” that is not within VAR ambit. VAR cannot recommend review for a caution. The VAR can only recommend review on this play of the VAR concludes it was a C&E error for the R not to have sent off the defender.
Or if referee had send off and VAR thought it was clearly a caution. I think that's what he meant by intervening with either colour.

I dunno. That’s a high ball to control. Not sure about liklihood of control as far as OGSO. And from there, for VAR, the Q is not whether DOGSO would be a better call, but whether it was C&E error not to give red. I think VAR was proper to not intervene (but I also would not have wanted VAR to intervene if the R had gone with red).

We're both making the same point here, albeit that I worded it a bit poorly.
I meant to say that VAR would not intervene here for either red or yellow, as it's not C&O. If the ref deemed this SPA, then so be it. However, had he deemed it DOGSO, and had he given red, the defender would be off.
Then again, I'm quite sure De Jong finishes this ball even if it's a bit high. Let alone this being an opportunity

Back