A&H

Vidic red card

jojo

Assistant World Cup Sweepstake Organiser
Level 7 Referee
Your thoughts on the vidic red card? I personally felt that it was harsh, and a yellow would have been sufficient for the tackle.

The Referee Store
You sound like Brendan Rogers, I'm from Greater Manchester, as was Lee Mason for his City game:p

Didn't know 70,000+ travelled by train up to Manchester every week!!;)

It was a harsh one

stop sitting on the fence, Ross

it was Vidic, clearly it was justified

and I haven't seen it either ;)

From what ive seen on twitter Rafael's challenge was worse than Vidic's and that went unpunished

Rafael's was a much clearer red card, but I think Dowd knew the first one wasn't a red, so he was trying to put it right. You can see it all through Vidic's reaction, I have seen the same tackle punished with a yellow very often.

I personally think Vidic red was spot on. It wasn't reckless, he had no intention of going for the ball, he simply took his opponent clean out. As soon as it happened I said that's a straight red. Clear endangering an opponent.

The Rafael incident was shocking. Cahill is lucky he hasn't got a serious injury and out the World Cup tonight if that challenge isn't slightly off timed.

I also watched the game in 3D, so no idea if my view was 'better' or 'clearer' than my trusted colleagues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 16
I thought they were both reds in my opinion but Rafael's challenge was shocking. Dont know how he got away with it.

A view of the Vidic attempt of a tackle. Both feet off the ground, at speed and he got nowhere near the ball!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 13
The funny thing is was both reactions of Vidic and Rafael being surprised by the reactions of the cards! A very bad case of lack of discipline for both players. I've not seen Moyes reaction yet....

Well Moyes thought Vidic was only a caution at best and Rafael, he didn't see the incident.... funny how management are first the criticise decisions but most appear not to watch the game

no doubt moyesy will be having a glass of wine with fergy and laughing at the referee

Standard excuse " I didn't see the incident" What else could you be doing?

I still think the Vidic one was a yellow, and I do agree Rafael was a red. Vidic didn't go in that fast, and didn't make that much contact. I have seen many tackles like that receive a yellow, and think if it was appealed, then I would expect it to be rescinded

Back