A&H

Welling v Halifax

The Referee Store
certainly a caution for the one in the corner.....not sure what beautyman was trying to do for the first challenge shown.

Wow !!!! in order ......Red ,yellow,Orange, Red and nothing........ looking at what the ref let go the orange was probs a yellow

My understanding of an orange is that it is yellow or a red. You know, the kind of thing that could be either, depends on how the ref looks at it etc.

red, consult assistant before giving card as he was right on top of it (literally), red, red, fk other way no card

looking at it again ......the tackle down at the corner flag is a red not an orange excessive force in my second opinion !!!:rolleyes:

Been discussing this on a website of the professional team I support this morning.
IMO the first challenge is a red all day long for blue 5 & I think if the ref had done that then the rest of the game may have panned out differently.
The second one (where the assistant gets cleaned out) I find an odd one to show considering the tone of the article as, from the direction the assistant flags he's given it against the Woking player
The third I think you could sell either a yellow or a red - I've heard it described as an "orange" but my coach has also said that if that (i.e. I could sell either) is your first instinct then send them off. It's hard to believe that no free kick at all was awarded but I think the assistant could have provided assistance on that & its nearer to him, the contact is on his side & he gives nowt. As a ref (albeit at a lower level) who works with assistants I'd have suspected a foul & looked to my assistant to lead on awarding it, if he doesn't then I may be inclined to think my view of it has made it look something it isn't
For the fourth incident, the stamp/step back is inexcusable but I've seen that clip a few times now & the Woking player has 2 swings back at the Halifax player with his left arm before they end up both grabbing on to each other & falling to the floor. Difficult for the ref to have spotted that from his angle but I'd have given a free kick against the Woking player & a caution for reckless play & then the stamp wouldn't have happened
For the last one it looks to me like they both have hold of each others shirt but in this instance the ref has a far better view of it that the camera & either sees an additional offence or that the Woking player committed the first holding offence. If you watch the ref, he indicates to the Woking player to listen to him & then points to several areas of the pitch & that he was holding his shirt & swung his elbow back so for me I think he's done him for reckless use of the elbow (after acknowledging they both had hold of each other) or that he was a cautioning him for persistent offending (which the footage doesn't show)

Back