A&H

West Ham v Arsenal

Charlie Jones

Work Until You Don't Have To Introduce Yourself
Can we all agree Pawson had a pretty terrible game Saturday?

Personally think the game was too big for him, 2 teams pushing for Champions League was always going to be feisty ... 2 yellows for West Ham and 0 for Arsenal? the disallowed goal for West Ham? the incorrect offside for Lanzini?

again, the referee, as much as I hate to say it! has cost West Ham 2 points ... that's 4 in a week, that's us on the brink of 4th! not 4 points behind 5th in 6th! :hmmm::cry:

The Referee Store
The offside goal was hardly his fault.

Payet disallowed goal - I'd say correct, carroll was all over (I'm not even going to try and spell his name).

having only watched MoTD I can't really comment on any other incidents, who from Arsenal should have got booked?!

It looked offside. Only when you freeze frame it and look at few times. do you go. Oh was level.

Was a definite by foul Carrol. he clearly pulling away at the defender ti get round him.

The Carroll goal wasn't a foul, Pawson even pointed back to the centre circle, wasn't until Mr Interfering Lino started waiving his shiny flag that it got disallowed!

its a shorter list for who shouldn't have been booked for Arsenal ... Monreal - dive just before Arsenal first goal, Gabriel - 2 x nasty challenges on Carroll and Noble, Bellerin about 12 times on Payet/Cresswell

was a shambles! I just hope we don't get cheated out of the game against Man U Wednesday ...

Reading through I was waiting to see when the OP revealed themselves as a West Ham fane, then BLAM there it is.

TV replays showing the precise moment the ball leave the attackers foot and the position of the players for the offside decision are completely pointless. If the TV replay had rolled forward less than half a second the picture would be completely different. The defender was going out, Lanzini was going in, that fraction of a second makes all the difference, especially given the attacker playing the pass had his body between his foot and the Assistant so the AR is never going to see the exact moment the ball is played forward.

Charlie, if you don't think Carroll fouls the defender before Payet puts the ball in the back of the net you need to hang up the whistle.

personally, if I was refereeing ... yeah, id give the foul. its the fact that Pawson didn't ... and then the AR stuck is nose in! if that was Senior League and I did that to the ref ... he'd be chewing my ear off in the changing room

haha guilty as charged for the Hammers fan! although I'm not sure where everyone is reading that we haven't had a penalty all season?

a) I didn't quite realise it was a law (or bylaw) that all teams must be awarded at least 1 penalty a season?
b) didn't we get a penalty at home to Leister?

I suspect it was conceding 3 goals at home that might be more related to dropping points.

well, thank clearly didn't help matters ...

the rumour going around at the moment is if you score 3 and don't concede, you get all 3 points? :eek::p

The big bad group of big European clubs will stop that if it keeps happening against their members soon enough.

Can we all agree Pawson had a pretty terrible game Saturday?

Personally think the game was too big for him, 2 teams pushing for Champions League was always going to be feisty ... 2 yellows for West Ham and 0 for Arsenal? the disallowed goal for West Ham? the incorrect offside for Lanzini?

again, the referee, as much as I hate to say it! has cost West Ham 2 points ... that's 4 in a week, that's us on the brink of 4th! not 4 points behind 5th in 6th! :hmmm::cry:

Pawson was clearly out of his depth, him being an experienced premier league referee, they should have given you the game, oh, hold on, they couldn't, you're a West Ham fan OBVIOUSLY !

Yes, Craig Pawson, FIFA referee and recently appointed to the Watford-Palace FA Cup Semi-Final, was out of his depth refereeing a mediocre side playing slightly above their level and still likely to not finish in European places against a side who have the incredibly ability to never challenge for the title but finish in the top 4.

Grow up and engage your refereeing brain before slating SG & FIFA ref who didn't have a bad game!

Bad day at the office all round. All have 'em. That was his turn. Could have been worse, such as a title decider.

Not to trivialise the issues raised, as they are largely genuine, if not particularly well articulated.

Yes, Craig Pawson, FIFA referee and recently appointed to the Watford-Palace FA Cup Semi-Final, was out of his depth refereeing a mediocre side playing slightly above their level and still likely to not finish in European places against a side who have the incredibly ability to never challenge for the title but finish in the top 4.

Grow up and engage your refereeing brain before slating SG & FIFA ref who didn't have a bad game!

Bit blunt but pretty much what I came here to say

God that's twice in one day Dan :eek: :rolleyes:

@DanCohen17 @HertsFinest - Pawson being a FIFA Referee and being appointed to a cup semi-final literally has nothing to do with anything? lets not forget Jon Moss was appointed the FA Cup Final, in a year where there were at least 4 referees better than he. As @Tealeaf rightly said - he had a bad game as does everyone at some point. I personally think he'll know he had a bit of a stinker too on a whole. @Duncan Francis yes Carroll was maybe a bit 'lucky' for the elbow on Gabriel, but on the basis I was there, and witnessed all 90 minutes - Arsenal were out to play dirty, and didn't receive a single booking? Gabriel wasn't even spoken to for lashing out at Carroll?

As you say:
'There is no such thing as a bad referee ... just an awful excuse for defeat!'
If you go to the next game take your Claret and Blue glasses off !

Oh give it a rest

You didn't win. That's football.

Of all people I wouldn't expect a referee to critisize the match officials

There are around 30,000 referees in England and as a select group official that puts Pawson in the top 0.005% of referees in the country

To suggest he's not 'good' enough to referee West Ham and arsenal is patently ludicrous

You didn't win because you didn't score more goals than arsenal. It's that simple.

Back