A&H

When are the laws going to be updated?

BlowingTheGame

Level 7 Referee
It's been rumored for a couple of years now that the laws will be updated to fall in line with the outdoor game but it has still not happened.
Anyone know why not, and when we might finally see an update?

The Referee Store
It's been rumored for a couple of years now that the laws will be updated to fall in line with the outdoor game but it has still not happened.
Anyone know why not, and when we might finally see an update?
Why would you want to ruin Futsal by bringing it in line with the 11-a-side game?

Haha.

I think they were going to do a couple of years ago but there came a phase of big changes in football. they are just waiting for these changes to be fine tuned and 'settled'. I read somewhere IFAB saying the big change phase is coming to an end so I think Futsal changes will be another couple of years from now.

Joking aside, there are a few discrepancies which may be worthwhile correcting.
1. The kick off - does Futsal need the ball to go forward anymore? Law says it must but would it change the game if changed to match 'Big brother'?
2. Doesn't 'triple jeopardy' still exist? Maybe that could be brought in line, too.
3. The drop ball procedure? Although, given the pitch size, I find most are contested unless an injury occurs.
4. The biting clause isn't in the Futsal LOTG.

And frankly, I'm now running out of ideas 😁

Joking aside, there are a few discrepancies which may be worthwhile correcting.
1. The kick off - does Futsal need the ball to go forward anymore? Law says it must but would it change the game if changed to match 'Big brother'?
2. Doesn't 'triple jeopardy' still exist? Maybe that could be brought in line, too.
3. The drop ball procedure? Although, given the pitch size, I find most are contested unless an injury occurs.
4. The biting clause isn't in the Futsal LOTG.

And frankly, I'm now running out of ideas 😁
Oh there is whole lot more. Some major ones too. That's why the delay.
- Offences off the pitch in futsal is stil IFK
- Interference by non players (which happens a lot more in futsal) is still IFK
- Injured non-offending players in a reckless challenge has to leave the field of play
- If the ball hits an outside agent before going into goal, its a dropped ball, even if it was going into goal without the outside agent.
- Basically just about everything that changed in football since 14/15.

Oh there is whole lot more. Some major ones too. That's why the delay.
- Offences off the pitch in futsal is stil IFK
- Interference by non players (which happens a lot more in futsal) is still IFK
- Injured non-offending players in a reckless challenge has to leave the field of play
- If the ball hits an outside agent before going into goal, its a dropped ball, even if it was going into goal without the outside agent.
- Basically just about everything that changed in football since 14/15.
Clearly!
I'd say IFAB is busy untangling the simplifications that have made the 11-a-side laws so black and white. Might be a long delay.

Several proposed changes were presented to the committees for futsal last year and they turned them back to have some deeper testing on a few of them proposed changes with an expectation that an initial round of changes might be made this coming summer.

We'll see how it plays out...

Back