A&H

Where is Wally the ref

The Referee Store
Am guessing this is a grass roots Engish game so the ref is doing the right thing by wearing black.
Mid north coast NSW, Aus 18 fields tournament on the weekend. Have a look at the ref next pitch. About 30 refs in the tournament hardly anyone wore black in the 30 degree sun. I'm surprised the players didn't complain. No tournament rules to stop player or the referees wearing any colours.

The "Black is for refs only" rule is dying out in Australia as the older generation are being replaced by newer generation in organisations and management committees who set the rules.

My serious answer at first glance, was, he is in yellow and has been distracted by something on the other park.

To be fair, forgive my ignorance, but, it looks like a charity event?
Strange goals, with no goal keepers, no markings, no flags, so follows suit the ref appears strange also

Reactions: one
Is this what our former convicts have descended to... penal servitude used to mean real hardship back in the day! Look at them all now, actually enjoying themselves by the looks of it! 😎

My serious answer at first glance, was, he is in yellow and has been distracted by something on the other park.

To be fair, forgive my ignorance, but, it looks like a charity event?
Strange goals, with no goal keepers, no markings, no flags, so follows suit the ref appears strange also
Not a charity event. 6 aside. Teams paid good money to play. There were decent markings but no corner flags required and unless one of the players has another head on his back :) there is a goal keeper there
1551686514438.png

Is this what our former convicts have descended to... penal servitude used to mean real hardship back in the day! Look at them all now, actually enjoying themselves by the looks of it! 😎
And a bit of sunshine too. Something the pommies don't know much about. You may want to steal a bread loaf or something. Still a chance for a banishment sentencing. :)

How’s Nick Montgomery going on at the Wollongong Wolves, he loved a tackle back in the day,

Keeping a low profile I guess. Haven't heard much of him since he was out of A-League. I am not even sure if he is in the Wolves squad this season which starts next weekend.

Is the guy in the centre of the picture, between the two black/white striped players and just to the left of the green covered gazebo the referee? Difficult to be sure but he looks like he could have a watch on his right arm and may be lifting a whistle to his mouth. Perhaps also wearing a baseball cap?

It does all look like an informal tournament rather than a 'serious' 11 a side match.

Reactions: one
Back