A&H

Who are they talking about? 🤔

Mr Dean

RefChat Addict
From the IFAB:
"acknowledged that there had been some inconsistency amongst high-profile competition organisers in the application of the VAR protocol as defined in the Laws of the Game. However, recent communication from these competition organisers signalled a positive shift towards the universal application of the protocol from next season."

The "high-profile" competition they are talking about has clearly been put in the naughty corner. I wonder which competition it is...

The Referee Store
As I mentioned before, I think it's fairly obvious who the the IFAB was aiming at with rewording of the VAR protocol as regards on-field reviews. As the explanation accompanying the change says:
Reorganising the text emphasises that ‘on-field reviews’ (OFRs) are expected when the incident/decision is non-factual.
And we all know which "high profile competition" was the one not using OFRs for non-factual decisions.

Strikes me that it's a sad indictment of a rule when compliance (in the game) becomes an issue. Rules in football are ignored routinely after all, like no other sport i can readily think of

I said all along about different methods and a decision being made on the most effective means..

Been proven correct here. Nice feeling.

The downfall of many sports is big egos, big money and the I/we know better than you from those with self interest.

We need to start worrying as soon as one organisation within the sport starts making decision that damaged the unity of the sport.

The downfall of many sports is big egos, big money and the I/we know better than you from those with self interest.

We need to start worrying as soon as one organisation within the sport starts making decision that damaged the unity of the sport.
The majority of the big organisations in football make decision that damage unity. FIFA, the FA, UEFA, CONMEBOL, and others all do things that diverge (sometimes significantly) from what is good for the sport and good for its cohesion, and have done for decades.
Bemoaning the egos and money? Way too late.

Reactions: one
Strikes me that it's a sad indictment of a rule when compliance (in the game) becomes an issue. Rules in football are ignored routinely after all, like no other sport i can readily think of
Yeah because going your own way is always the route to success

Yeah because going your own way is always the route to success
Yeh... Don't misunderstand me... The inconsistency of refereeing (at all levels of the game) irritates me. I'd like a rule book written in English (instead of using encryption) that is understood by all and not subject to unnecessary regional interpretation and ignorance

View attachment 4220
No idea at all? Who could it be??

The PGMOL's stance was not decided through Mike Riley, rather through the Premier League themselves. The Premier League were eager on avoiding the use of the on-field monitor, for the reasons the media have reported - eg worrying that it would slow the pace of the game. Once media and fan pressure overwhelmed the competition, it was the Premier League who changed their stance allowing the PGMOL to instruct SG1 personnel accordingly.

The conversation regarding the PGMOL's independence and direction is for an alternative day, but should be guided by the fact that the PGMOL receive funding through the Premier League...

Back