A&H

Wholegame System

JH

RefChat Addict
It has probably been said before, but why do the FA codes for USB not reflect the LOTG? Why is SPA not there etc.?

The Referee Store
Just put it in as FT. It really doesn't matter too much; you've done your job, controlled the match, submitted the caution, CFA gets a tenner.

It has probably been said before, but why do the FA codes for USB not reflect the LOTG? Why is SPA not there etc.?
I spent long hours trying to marry up FA codes with the LOTG
As a trainee ref at the time, I naturally assumed the two things were supposed to be aligned. It speaks volumes that the FA can't interpret the book
FWIW, I use HB, FT or TR for SPA because none of them are explicitly cautionable offences. Clear as mud

I spent long hours trying to marry up FA codes with the LOTG
As a trainee ref at the time, I naturally assumed the two things were supposed to be aligned. It speaks volumes that the FA can't interpret the book
FWIW, I use HB, FT or TR for SPA because none of them are explicitly cautionable offences. Clear as mud
I used TR, it's nonsense.

The FA spent a lot of time and money designing and implementing WGS. IFAB changed the caution offences part way through full implementation.

New IT man at The FA says it's not fit for purpose and wants a complete overhaul. Watch out for WGSII on your screens soon.

The FA spent a lot of time and money designing and implementing WGS. IFAB changed the caution offences part way through full implementation.

New IT man at The FA says it's not fit for purpose and wants a complete overhaul. Watch out for WGSII on your screens soon.

It's not perfect but I think WGS is brilliant. I usually do my admin (lemons and cherries) in the changing room/car on my phone before I set off home. Quick and easy.

Its not perfect but its better than long winded emails in spread sheets describing blah, blah, and blah.......

It's not perfect but I think WGS is brilliant. I usually do my admin (lemons and cherries) in the changing room/car on my phone before I set off home. Quick and easy.
The admin for referees is pretty easy, a lot simpler than the old "two copies sent in and one sent back" mullarkey we used to have. For clubs and leagues, the support isn't there and it's too easy to fiddle the system with a simple "accidental" misspelling of a name.

We had submission in duplicate before that, on two sheets of paper (sometimes with carbon in between)
I had inkwells at school too!! I once got stuck on Orkney when the ferry couldn't land so I asked my office to fax up any quotes that wanted doing... I told the landlord of the pub we were stopping at that I'd pay for his blue fax paper, after the third 20 foot long fax from our office he threw the last one into our room like a long bog roll!! Its amazing how technology has moved on, if only the County FA's could invest in a decent modern server!!!

Consider yourselves lucky that we have the whole game system. Back in the day, some counties wanted reports in triplicate, no photocopies and no typed up copies. All hand written. Took me 3 days to submit disciplinary after a mass confrontation once

It could be much better though, the fact it used to be worse isn't an argument for not making it better.

Everything could be better. It's a great system with minor defects. I've done almost 80 games and the only issue I've had is that the cup competition I reffed in didn't have one of the teams in it so I just put it down as a league game and emailed the relevant people to say why I'd had to do that (I was going on holiday that night), that's it's. Takes about 1 minute to put the cards on and I can do it on my phone and the players have always been on the system. I did 10 different leagues/cup competitions last season and that was the only issue. Cracking system really

Agreed - it's really good at what it does, my only real complaint is that it can't do more! Having one logon for discipline, another for FA appointments and a third sent of unrelated emails coming through for local league appointments is a pain.

Everything could be better. It's a great system with minor defects. I've done almost 80 games and the only issue I've had is that the cup competition I reffed in didn't have one of the teams in it so I just put it down as a league game and emailed the relevant people to say why I'd had to do that (I was going on holiday that night), that's it's. Takes about 1 minute to put the cards on and I can do it on my phone and the players have always been on the system. I did 10 different leagues/cup competitions last season and that was the only issue. Cracking system really
And as I said earlier, it may be great for referees but for clubs and leagues, the service it provides is sadly deficient.

That's good, probably come into service sometime around 2030.

Changing caution offences should have made much of a difference, unless someone had the great idea of hard coding them, rather than just storing them as lookups in a table that you can add new codes to.

Back