A&H

Why isn't this a penalty?

Trip

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
This is from the AFC vs MUFC match at the weekend. I haven't heard anyone suggest that this should have been a penalty so it's probably not but I can't work out why this isn't a foul:

https://streamable.com/9nlaf

The Referee Store
The same reason that the foul on Welbeck wasn't a penalty......incompetent officials.

Or AR's too scared to get involved with KMI's....for fear of dropping their colleague in the middle right in the brown smelly stuff......

Remember a similar one against Sterling not being given last season by Michael Oliver. A foul is a foul, wish these were given more often

OK, so to change the question slightly: if instead of passing the ball back to a teammate prior to be clattered Lacazette had got a shot off (and missed), would that still be a foul? (Assume the shot is not affected by the incoming challenge and the contact takes place before the ball goes out of play). Or would you say you've effectively played advantage because had he scored you wouldn't have stopped play?

This is from the AFC vs MUFC match at the weekend. I haven't heard anyone suggest that this should have been a penalty so it's probably not but I can't work out why this isn't a foul:

https://streamable.com/9nlaf
Yeap. Its a penalty. Hard to tell in real time and compounded by the fact that the referee was about 30 yards away and the AR has a poor angle.

OK, so to change the question slightly: if instead of passing the ball back to a teammate prior to be clattered Lacazette had got a shot off (and missed), would that still be a foul? (Assume the shot is not affected by the incoming challenge and the contact takes place before the ball goes out of play). Or would you say you've effectively played advantage because had he scored you wouldn't have stopped play?
Also a pen for me.

the referee only gets one look at it, at match speed. He/she can only base the decision made on what he/she sees

At the first look this aint a PK for me

I saw this during the game. Hard to tell at full speed. Probably even more difficult for CR to see given his likely angle. AR would have better angle. PK for me. Attacker players ball away from defender committed to tackle who goes through the attackers foot. It is a trip all day long imho. Tough for CR to spot.

Back