A&H

Why?

one

RefChat Addict
I often wondered why some of the forumites here have given themselves the nickname they have.

I played the game with the number one on my shirt for many years. It looks like some use the same concept and have what appears on their birth certificate :p

The Referee Store
Its my work nick name. I was under my real name then an email came through about writing about the game from my county FA. I got paranoid and changed it to Tino Best. I needn't have worried. The email was directed at a ref who was very unhappy about being taken off a middle for a county cup final and used Facebook to show his displeasure! The profile picture is the most up to date photo I have!

I’ve played for quite a few clubs over the years and started off as a striker
Jimmy Floyd Hassalbaink always scored on his debut and so did I for quite a few years and the name stuck

Mines a reference to a Sharp Blade as i’m an engineer by trade and it’s stamped on fine cutlery .. used it for years.

Mines a reference to a Sharp Blade as i’m an engineer by trade and it’s stamped on fine cutlery .. used it for years.
There you go. I always thought you used it in the same way as "New York's Finest" is used. But in refereeing terms.

Back