A&H

Wolves v Citee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
I think VAR would have ruled the first goal out but very hard to see at match speed... Are Citee asking for a replay? :rolleyes:

Aguaro dive.... again!!! Why does he do it?

The Referee Store
I think VAR would have ruled the first goal out but very hard to see at match speed... Are Citee asking for a replay? :rolleyes:

Aguaro dive.... again!!! Why does he do it?
It's not often that the Minnows get lucky with a goal (which should have been ruled out) against the Big Guns
These decisions against the favorites will accelerate the take-up of VAR. If the goal had been scored by City, we wouldn't hear too much more about it
Aguero (like most other top players) cheats because there's no real down side or punishment for doing so

To be fair to Atkinson , it was impossible for him to see the HB, although the assistant will be disappointed for missing it. Also, I think Atkinson did well to hold his nerve and decline to the two City penalty shouts

To be fair to Atkinson , it was impossible for him to see the HB, although the assistant will be disappointed for missing it. Also, I think Atkinson did well to hold his nerve and decline to the two City penalty shouts

Think that might be difficult for either to see. I only really caught it on slow motion! :O

I'm not neutral but the one on Silva is a pen imo
Silva kicked the back of the defenders leg. Why should the defender be penalized for being kicked? I don't see how a player can be judged to have been careless, simply by being in close proximity to an opponent. With the exception of when a defender cuts across the back of a defender and careless trips the opponent with a tangle of legs, I always feel it's very difficult to justify a foul in the absence of a challenge

Silva one 50/50 wouldn’t have major issue if given or not.

Handball very difficult, even Ederson five yards away never saw it.

Silva one 50/50 wouldn’t have major issue if given or not.

Handball very difficult, even Ederson five yards away never saw it.

I'd love to complain about the handball but no one saw it in real time! Something VAR would sort though

I wouldn't have disallowed the Wolves goal for handling - arm's in a natural position, and it's actually come off his head first. With the benefit of video replay however, it should have disallowed it for offside from the flick-on.

The first goal....I think there was offside too (very slight deflection off a teammate). Impossible for the ref, this one's on the AR, although a very difficult one to spot with certainty. DHB for me, I'm not seeing any deflection off the player's own head, looks to me like he's just gone for the ball and missed it, that's his entire responsibility.

Its hand ball 100% especially as its resulted in a goal, not having a go at the officials as nobody seen at all but if he does see it he gives it.

James's point is that its not our responsibility to worry about a result of a game only the specific decision, right or wrong, The actual outcome of the game is irrelevant really!!!

Of course it is, if it happened in the 4th minute near the corner flag and City win 4-0 it wouldn't get a mention, thats my point.

Of course it is, if it happened in the 4th minute near the corner flag and City win 4-0 it wouldn't get a mention, thats my point.
As a refereeing decision, the final result is irrelevant!! We are discussing a particular decision not the result!!

The first goal....I think there was offside too (very slight deflection off a teammate). Impossible for the ref, this one's on the AR, although a very difficult one to spot with certainty. DHB for me, I'm not seeing any deflection off the player's own head, looks to me like he's just gone for the ball and missed it, that's his entire responsibility.

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

It's not clear if you're just on the wind up
Based on how far the ball travelled before hitting the hand, this has to be HB
Not to mention the outstretched superman arm. So, arguably a HB based on both criteria in the book
Offside as well. Both the offside and HB very difficult to spot as all players unawares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back