A&H

Women - Tiers 3 and 4 next season

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
I've been told that AR appointments for these games will now be done centrally - not by County FAs as previously.

Also been advised that FA have asked for nominations from County - but only levels 5 and 6. Guessing that will mean 3/4s in the middle.

Great shame for me as I've enjoyed ARing at these games for at least 10 years now.

All things must change I guess and gives me the chance to pick up some different games on different competitions on a Sunday.

The Referee Store
I've been told that AR appointments for these games will now be done centrally - not by County FAs as previously.

Also been advised that FA have asked for nominations from County - but only levels 5 and 6. Guessing that will mean 3/4s in the middle.

Great shame for me as I've enjoyed ARing at these games for at least 10 years now.

All things must change I guess and gives me the chance to pick up some different games on different competitions on a Sunday.
Level 4s in middle. We had email asking us if we want to do them which thought was odd it being optional. But suppose they should have big enough pool from 100s of lev 4s across the country.
I opted out mai ly due to games being On a Sunday.

Worth a promotion season Paul?

Level 4s in middle. We had email asking us if we want to do them which thought was odd it being optional. But suppose they should have big enough pool from 100s of lev 4s across the country.

Thought someone would ask that! :p

Open age middles never really appealed, which is why I've never gone for it.

After many years of youth middles, started doing Isthmian U18s/23s lines - really enjoyed those, started doing the women's lines and now nearly full time AR - did 3 county cup semis - women. vets and oa male - so I still get plenty of variety and mostly get to work in a 3 which I prefer.

Did a JPL final middle recently and signed up for middles at my local public school - superb behaviour, superb facilities - so the idea of 'base level' OA middles still doesn't appeal much- even after all these years!:)

Have had emails requesting if I wanted to stay on the league in the past, and still got appointed despite opting out. Close those dates.

I think Bester may have a point. Form my conversations with level 4s and even the occasional 3 on these games, many are not too keen on officiating on the Women's games and almost without fail, they have had to travel a fair distance for the privilege.

Of course the downside is that you will have to close every Sunday August - April, plus there are a few midweek games on those leagues as well.

Thought someone would ask that! :p

Open age middles never really appealed, which is why I've never gone for it.

After many years of youth middles, started doing Isthmian U18s/23s lines - really enjoyed those, started doing the women's lines and now nearly full time AR - did 3 county cup semis - women. vets and oa male - so I still get plenty of variety and mostly get to work in a 3 which I prefer.

Did a JPL final middle recently and signed up for middles at my local public school - superb behaviour, superb facilities - so the idea of 'base level' OA middles still doesn't appeal much- even after all these years!:)
Who does the JPL appointments?

Who does the JPL appointments?
Good question!

I think they contact some returning referees directly, but I got mine by replying to a general "Who wants to do these games?" email from County FA.

They had at least 3 finals days, all held at Middlesex FA's HQ - Rectory Park. Not sure some of the teams - including those from Manchester and York, thought that was a particularly 'central' location but there you go.

Not that great at paying though - have one day through, still chasing for 2nd day I did for them.

Fairly good standard - certainly not 'PL' standard but decent nonetheless.

JPL is usually local clubs appointing. Bit of a ball ache as they do 4 20 minutes, and it ends up taking longer than an adult match.

Competes with the MJPL in the midlands where it's £35 for a 50 minute under 9 game....

JPL is usually local clubs appointing. Bit of a ball ache as they do 4 20 minutes, and it ends up taking longer than an adult match.

Competes with the MJPL in the midlands where it's £35 for a 50 minute under 9 game....
Finals I did were 'normal' duration and £30 for refs and £22.50 for ARs and 4ths.

Good question!

I think they contact some returning referees directly, but I got mine by replying to a general "Who wants to do these games?" email from County FA.

They had at least 3 finals days, all held at Middlesex FA's HQ - Rectory Park. Not sure some of the teams - including those from Manchester and York, thought that was a particularly 'central' location but there you go.

Not that great at paying though - have one day through, still chasing for 2nd day I did for them.

Fairly good standard - certainly not 'PL' standard but decent nonetheless.
The website is pants and the appointment of Referees is an afterthought
I do occasional games for a local team, but it's debatable if the standard is any better than the top teams in local leagues. That said, I really liked the GK for this local team and was in no way surprised when he was picked up by Peterborough

The website is pants and the appointment of Referees is an afterthought
I do occasional games for a local team, but it's debatable if the standard is any better than the top teams in local leagues. That said, I really liked the GK for this local team and was in no way surprised when he was picked up by Peterborough
Purely coincidentally one of the GKs in the U16 final I was AR on was outstanding. It went to pens, and the refereeing team had a quick chat about who we thought would win - I chose his team because I was so impressed and lo and behold he DID make the only save in the pen shoot out, ensuring his team lifted the trophy.

Purely coincidentally one of the GKs in the U16 final I was AR on was outstanding. It went to pens, and the refereeing team had a quick chat about who we thought would win - I chose his team because I was so impressed and lo and behold he DID make the only save in the pen shoot out, ensuring his team lifted the trophy.
Herts Regional Talent Centre (RTC) is the team in question. Think they're U16 now

Back