A&H

Women's Pathway

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessShrops

Hi all,

Just wondering if there's any other refs on here who are pursuing the womens pathway. Thought it might be a good opportunity to share observations, match occurrences etc with those who are in the same position.

Thanks

The Referee Store
Sorry you haven't had any replies to this. Like refereeing in general, there are not so many female members on here.
Do report back and tell how it goes!

I’ve contacted my fa about doing girls games just now. Got an u13s tomorrow which for girls is 7 aside but would be 9 or 11 for boys.

Like most referees I was contacted by my CFA regarding this. I got the feeling that it was a fairly exclusive route and commitment to opt for which might drastically change the usual match appointments I currently enjoy - so I chose (rightly or wrongly?) not to respond or pursue. :)

The women's pathway is open to male referees too! 😊
I’m in another country and I can’t find what the “womens pathway” for referees is ;) - if it is also about getting more referees active in womens and girls leagues that’s fantastic.

Up here (Finland) all officials are graded differently for mens, womens, girls and boys. For me it means I have been lucky enough to whistle top tier u18 girls, womens 2nd tier and loads more, including loads of games at the Stadi Cup (massive Helsinki girls youth tourney). I’ve also flagged a w prem friendly.

Last week, cracking mens game as AR for a lady that will ref our womens national cup final next week. If I understand we also have ladies reffing 2nd tier mens now in prep for the womens WC.

Bonus: u15 3rd tier has a girls team in, most in the national junior set up. I reffed them the other week, so quick, awesome.

What’s the point?
For me, being involved in the womens/girls game is a given, I’m totally grateful for the experiences. If you haven’t got involved just take the opportunity!

(No brainer!)

Like most referees I was contacted by my CFA regarding this. I got the feeling that it was a fairly exclusive route and commitment to opt for which might drastically change the usual match appointments I currently enjoy - so I chose (rightly or wrongly?) not to respond or pursue. :)

All of the referees I know that are regularly doing women's games (up to and including WSL) are also refereeing the men's game as well.

I don't know anyone who is only doing the women's pathway, though I could how how it could be appealing as a faster route to the top level of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back