A&H

world cup watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jofusref

RefChat Addict
does anybody use a smart watch for refereeing, the hublot smart watch given to the world cup referees looks blinking complicated to use. just another thing for the referees to think about in my opinion,any thoughts

The Referee Store
does anybody use a smart watch for refereeing, the hublot smart watch given to the world cup referees looks blinking complicated to use. just another thing for the referees to think about in my opinion,any thoughts
nd all for only 5.5 grand

I've got a Garmin Fenix 5S
Total waste of money. The light from the Wrist based HRM leaves a red patch on my skin, the HRM is wildly inaccurate anyway. The GPS is quite a few % wrong. The gimmicks, like barometer, thermometer, accelerometer and so on are all poor. Manufacturers try to be Jacks of all trades, but they fail to excel with any individual bit of technology

I use a smart casio . It looks smart and has a stopwatch. On my other wrist I have a Tom Tom running watch set to time but only because I run and use the distance to help with marathon and half marathon training. But if somebody gave me a Hublot watch I would learn how to use it . I don't have a HRM on my watch but I know when my heart beat is high. Those rare moments I leave the centre circle!:)

A fitbit Ionic.

Use the stopwatch and the HR/Distance tracking is automatic - It is pretty sensitive, it'll track my warm up in some cases. I find it useful as a rough guide on heart-rate fitness and how much I'm moving about in general. Not much more beyond that though.

Yeah but some flaws. The DST button:( Very hard to change the batteries (needed every 12 months for me).

Love it. Needs a v2 imho

DST button gets too much flak, just don't press it!

Not had to change batteries yet, out of interest, what is difficult about it?

I’ve got a £10 Casio from Argos, after I found out it was water resistant upto 50meters I just had to have it.

Obviously the World Cup watch needs to have GLT integration which makes it above anything us regular refs would need.

This is probably the best referee watch on the market for the price.

https://www.refereestore.com/spintso-referee-watch-black-gray/

I’m looking to upgrade this summer have u got one of these? Clicked the link & it’s got so much on there I’d prefer just a simple word or two from sum1 that has one.
Biggest question of all is it idiot proof?

I’m looking to upgrade this summer have u got one of these? Clicked the link & it’s got so much on there I’d prefer just a simple word or two from sum1 that has one.

I personally don't have one. I've worked with plenty of refs who do and they seem to like it. It has a useful feature where it vibrates every 10 seconds when you have the clock stopped for a injury/sub/etc. as a reminder to restart it.

I personally don't have one. I've worked with plenty of refs who do and they seem to like it. It has a useful feature where it vibrates every 10 seconds when you have the clock stopped for a injury/sub/etc. as a reminder to restart it.

Don’t whatever u do give up your day job to become a watch salesman :D

Nah I’ve heard good things about these I’ll have to investigate further, is it a USA watch then?

it's great but not idiot proof. I know a few peeps that have it - none of us use the additional time feature.

The best thing is the count up + down down times. The worst is the dst button. You also have to set it to three halves otherwise it won't keep time after 90.

Why ever not?
For me, I don't like the holding for 3 seconds. I don't like the feel and it makes me feel self-conscious, especially with the buzz - too much "info" for the players!

I don't mind the press and hold at the start of halves - though even that is a bit annoying as I feel that 3 seconds everyone is waiting for the match to start... actually yeah... TBH this another flaw for me... the press and hold thing... nightmare at kick off. I've got used to it but everyone can see you've started the watch and has to wait in Spinsto limbo until you can release your finger and blow... there must be a better way!

If I did start using it, maybe the feeling would change and I'd get used to it. At the levels I do, I would not stop the clock for subs - instead make some allowance (e.g. 30 secs each) - so it seems a bit daft to have a to-the-second amount of added time.

I have to file this under "what football expects!"

(At the same time, I'm starting to think, as much as I want to support Spinsto and I wear mine with pride, there has to be a better way!)

For me, I don't like the holding for 3 seconds. I don't like the feel and it makes me feel self-conscious, especially with the buzz - too much "info" for the players!

I don't mind the press and hold at the start of halves - though even that is a bit annoying as I feel that 3 seconds everyone is waiting for the match to start... actually yeah... TBH this another flaw for me... the press and hold thing... nightmare at kick off. I've got used to it but everyone can see you've started the watch and has to wait in Spinsto limbo until you can release your finger and blow... there must be a better way!

If I did start using it, maybe the feeling would change and I'd get used to it. At the levels I do, I would not stop the clock for subs - instead make some allowance (e.g. 30 secs each) - so it seems a bit daft to have a to-the-second amount of added time.

I have to file this under "what football expects!"

(At the same time, I'm starting to think, as much as I want to support Spinsto and I wear mine with pride, there has to be a better way!)

That is the thing that annoys me the most too, I do use the button for time lost, but having to hold it for three seconds is awkward. If it was instant, it would be much easier to use for subs etc, but by the time you've held it and then had to hold it again, everyone is waiting for you. The thing I find it most useful for is injuries, no need to guess how long the game has been stopped. It could use some improving for sure.

That is the thing that annoys me the most too, I do use the button for time lost, but having to hold it for three seconds is awkward. If it was instant, it would be much easier to use for subs etc, but by the time you've held it and then had to hold it again, everyone is waiting for you. The thing I find it most useful for is injuries, no need to guess how long the game has been stopped. It could use some improving for sure.
Just wear a second watch and use it to record stoppages. I don't like the idea of 'stopping a watch' as i want a true record of time elapsed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back