A&H

Worlds Worst Corner Kick Routine

Darius

RefChat Addict
This one should make you all giggle.....

So it's Sunday Morning football and before the game player approaches me and informs me that they've been working on a new corner kick in training and one of them taps it and runs off.....we all know the talk. We get it every couple of months and they always think they're being original. Or is that just me?

So I'm wary of it and make sure I'm 'near post' for their corners till they've done it. About corner number 3 and I think I'm in business, player touches it....but oh alas he's changed his mind and it looks like a genuine switch of takers as he rolls the ball again before setting it with his hand.

I thought this right up until the other player tries to dribble it back in.....instantly blow up.

'Noooo Ref!' 'Didn't you tell him' 'He touched it'.

Their skipper backs me up when I say that the original players final touch was with his hand so ball defo can't be active for this and the 'new' player has to be penalised for an IDFK for touching it twice. And it not then the first player could be done for the same! Alternatively the first player could be done for hand ball.

Said skipper was playing CB and even he laughed at what was the worst carried out set piece routine I have ever seen!

The Referee Store
This one should make you all giggle.....

So it's Sunday Morning football and before the game player approaches me and informs me that they've been working on a new corner kick in training and one of them taps it and runs off.....we all know the talk. We get it every couple of months and they always think they're being original. Or is that just me?

So I'm wary of it and make sure I'm 'near post' for their corners till they've done it. About corner number 3 and I think I'm in business, player touches it....but oh alas he's changed his mind and it looks like a genuine switch of takers as he rolls the ball again before setting it with his hand.

I thought this right up until the other player tries to dribble it back in.....instantly blow up.

'Noooo Ref!' 'Didn't you tell him' 'He touched it'.

Their skipper backs me up when I say that the original players final touch was with his hand so ball defo can't be active for this and the 'new' player has to be penalised for an IDFK for touching it twice. And it not then the first player could be done for the same! Alternatively the first player could be done for hand ball.

Said skipper was playing CB and even he laughed at what was the worst carried out set piece routine I have ever seen!

Earlier in the season I had a game where I gave a penalty to a side already 5-0 up.

Taker decides he's going to do a Messi of yesterday and roll the ball to a team mate to slot in. And rolled it diagonally. Backwards.

I blow for a re-take and explain the ball must go forwards.

Then he does exactly the same thing. Blow, explaination, retake.

This time he saunters up, attempts a fake shot, catches the ball with his studs and rolls it to a grateful keeper who picks the ball up gratefully.

Que hysterics from all observers, and one almighty bollock¡ng from his skipper.

Back