A&H

Worst mistake you have seen live?

LC

Level 6 Referee

Starting from 7:50

Obvious back pass to the keeper, ref clearly signals for indirect free kick. Unfortunately as this happened the assistant injured himself and went down. After he was dealt with the ref does not give the free kick instead gives the ball back to the keeper.

He then apparently told his assessor that he "forgot" about the backpass.

I know we all make mistakes but someone of his level shouldn't be making mistakes as obvious as this.

Anyone seen worse than this?

The Referee Store
Amy Fearn.....

Don't think I didn't see you write Sian Massey by mistake :D

I just remembered Amy Fearn almost not giving a goal which went through the side of the net, Kidderminister v Wrexham possibly?

I presume that's the incident you mean?

It's easy to criticise others eh? This is a very unusual situation and the AR getting crocked adds to the confusion; easily done. Shouldn't happen, but it has.

You guys never make mistakes, I am sure. :D

Reactions: LC
It's easy to criticise others eh? This is a very unusual situation and the AR getting crocked adds to the confusion; easily done. Shouldn't happen, but it has.

You guys never make mistakes, I am sure. :D
Never! ;)

Reactions: SM
Always remember the restart! Injuries and mass confrontation!

Very confusion situation so I feel sorry for the referee.

It was a very usual situation to be in. As the assistant on the floor in the clip I can also say it was exceptionally painful!

The referee simply lost concentration in coming to deal with the injury to his colleague and following the delay wanted to get play restarted as quickly as possible. Sadly, by his own admission, he did so incorrectly.

Don't think I didn't see you write Sian Massey by mistake :D

I just remembered Amy Fearn almost not giving a goal which went through the side of the net, Kidderminister v Wrexham possibly?

I presume that's the incident you mean?

Just one of many many incidents......

I did put Sian first, but then I remembered Amy!

It was you? What did you do ASM?
Originally they thought I'd fractured my ankle but thankfully it turned out to be an impact injury to the capsule of the joint as it turned down the sprinkler hole.

Ooooo nasty.

Sprinkler hole? They had one on your line? What a crazy place to have one

Originally they thought I'd fractured my ankle but thankfully it turned out to be an impact injury to the capsule of the joint as it turned down the sprinkler hole.
poor assisting not advising the referee on the proper restart lol

Reactions: ASM
Back