A&H

2 firsts tonight

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
The first first was the captain of the away team whinging a bit after the final whistle, complaining about my treatment of his centre back, and telling me I should have sent him off with a second yellow.

The second first was respectfully asking the home coach after the match to get the fans to site their BBQ further away from the pitch next time, or at least not just behind the touchline on the same side as an assistant. My assistant had informed me of his pork "allergy" at half time. We had 50 punters on hot dogs and no ropes!

There was a minor triumph. I attempted a bit of cod psychology with each coach - of which I hope refchat is proud. I told each coach in private that I am nuts about foul throws and, if I have to call them, it is really annoying for the fans, players and officials. And that I will call them. So with the warning, in the nicest possible way, it was "on them". And it seemed to work! No foul throws. Rejoice!

There was also a minor defeat. I felt I had to stop the game to warn a player for spitting and swearing. Both of which were easy to interpret as not directed at anyone else. He was already on a yellow and had had an extra warning for what we could call a two footed long jump into space. The ball was in his keeper's hands. I stopped the game and restarted with a drop so the keeper could carry on. I should've gone with the swearing as an IDFK for the opposition. Yes, it was the player from the first para. I could have also walked him.

The Referee Store
Back