A&H

2016 - 2017 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Begley

EFL Assistant Referee
Level 2 Referee
Just wondering does anyone know what next seasons kit is before I buy some more bits.

Thank you.

The Referee Store
The current FA / Nike contract runs to 31/07/2018, as such that would encompass the 2017-18 season, so this one finishing, next season and the one after.

As to whether Nike will want to put out a new Refs kit could be a question best put directly to Nike. The money they would spend on design and maufacture v the limited market uptake of said product might put them off.

That said we are on the second edition of a Nike kit which is apparently to be used in 2016-17 as well, as it was intended for 2 seasons.

The tell tale sign is usually the FA cup final, whereby the boys in black (and electric green) get to show off the new kits for next season, if indeed there are any "new" kits.

I do envisage that adidias may try and get their foot in the door in the near future as they have recently announced a B&W kit as part of the Euro 2016 colours, and Nike has had at least 5 years of FA kits (including Umbro who Nike own).

So, do i know of a change, no. Is there possibly a change - possible, will it be away from Nike - probs not.

Will A&H want me to remorgage for a shirt - you bet ya!

I had heard that there will be a new Nike Mk III referee kit on display during the next charity shield match but can't confirm how reliable my source is..... :)

Sorry @HRW it your info is a little off. Nike no longer own Umbro, they sold it off after ensuring they have all the relevant contracts transferred to them (very cleverly).

We are in the 2nd year of the current Nike kit (all A&H dos was brand it as a 2015 edition) and their football catalogue shows it will be replaced for the new season.

The new kit will not launch before the FA Cup Final as it is scheduled for June I believe. The kit will be in the new Nike catalogue for season 2016/17 which will launch in the next couple of months and show when it will be in circulation until (normally a 2 year cycle).

Sorry @HRW it your info is a little off. Nike no longer own Umbro, they sold it off after ensuring they have all the relevant contracts transferred to them (very cleverly).

We are in the 2nd year of the current Nike kit (all A&H dos was brand it as a 2015 edition) and their football catalogue shows it will be replaced for the new season.

The new kit will not launch before the FA Cup Final as it is scheduled for June I believe. The kit will be in the new Nike catalogue for season 2016/17 which will launch in the next couple of months and show when it will be in circulation until (normally a 2 year cycle).

Nike owned Umbro when the FA was in Umbro kits, point I was making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back