A&H

5-4 Step Up

YorkshireReferee

Got my first 2 5-4 assessments scheduled within the next 2 weeks and I'm seeking some advice on the step up. What kind of development points did you all get at 5-4 level and for any observers what advice do you find yourselves giving commonly for new 5-4 candidates?

I always dread the first assessment the most as you never know what to expect really.

The Referee Store
I think generally there is more of an emphasis on match control and positioning. Generally, they expect you to have a good level of application of law because you've managed to get to 5 - although just make sure you don't screw up! I'm sure some of the assessors on the forum will be able to either agree or correct me if I'm wrong.

Do what you have to and be ready to explain the rest. Sorry hit Send too soon.

Go to the Resources section of this forum and look for the Supply League Assessor's Handbook - last updated in November 2015. Do everything that is in there and you'll be a bit closer.

Just checked the version on this web site is from 2013 when the 10 point report for L4 was introduced. Still the same competencies, it's the advice re NARs that has changed

Just smile, relax and do your natural game. The observer should hopefully give you some coaching advice too after to hep.

Back