A&H

9 V 9 Rules?

forrestforever

Level 2 Referee
Hi,
I normally ref 11 a side and just wondering what the main rule differences are for U11's playing 9V9 and if I need to adapt my game at all as I don't normally ref this young.

The Referee Store
More so:
10 yard walls?
Offsides are the same?
Are there retreat lines for goal kicks?
Do I call foul throws are show them once and then blow if still wrong?
Theres only 1 pitch at this site and I'm doing an 11V11 there after so how is the pitch made smaller?

Have a look at The FA Handbook on the FA's website - it contains all you need. Re the f. o. p. the usual approach is to have a smaller f.o.p. marked in a colour other than white.
Enjoy!

7 yard wall
Offside ✅
No retreat
Throws give them one chance
2 30 mins half
Around 80 x 50 with penalty areas of 32 x 13 yards.

Where I referee (Notts) U11 will be their first encounter with offside and 9v9 football. Likewise for lots of the club ARs!

Definitely still in the realms of educating as part of your match control, lots of kids still won't have a clue.

If it's one of the delightful "pitch in pitch" scenarios to make a smaller 9v9 pitch... keep an eye on players looking at the wrong set of lines!

Often see u11s-u12s being played across ways in one half on 4Gs. Pitch probably 60x55 "use the width".

Thanks all,
Ive been sent something by the ref sec but he said google it 😅🙈
Are goal kicks are the same???I’ve been told that there a bit different and the ball has to leave the pen box before an attacker can attempt to win the ball, even if the goalie passes to a defender? Thanks

Did the Ref Sec mean you need to Google the league website, perhaps?
Leagues must provide match officials with competition rules, either a hard copy or online (That’s a FA rule)

7 yard wall
Offside ✅
No retreat
Throws give them one chance
2 30 mins half
Around 80 x 50 with penalty areas of 32 x 13 yards.

Thanks, when I do actually look on the FA page it says free kicks are still 10 yards though for U11 and U12s, which I used on Saturday for the 9V9 and it was quetioned but I showed him this link and he said fair enough. So very mixed things going on.1635248975314.png

Thanks, when I do actually look on the FA page it says free kicks are still 10 yards though for U11 and U12s, which I used on Saturday for the 9V9 and it was quetioned but I showed him this link and he said fair enough. So very mixed things going on.View attachment 5260
I was sent this by someone recently I don’t know if it applies to all leagues

Attachments

• 168A6EFD-C52F-425A-8B3C-92AFF1390758.jpeg
    168A6EFD-C52F-425A-8B3C-92AFF1390758.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 20
Back