A&H

A U18 girls' player kicked me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
However a referee (unlike a player) IS:

a) vulnerable - Really? Explain how he is more vulnerable than any player who has been assaulted please. :)
b) an authority figure (this is enough to p*ss some people off) - Irrelevant in the context of the thread. :cool:
c) is the person who has just taken £25 out of a player's pocket (and he is standing YARDS AWAY) - No he hasn't. I've never personally taken £25 out of any individual player's pocket, and neither I suspect, have you. ;)

THEREFORE, to protect the referee, harsher punishments exist for referee assault as opposed to player assault. Were this not the case any player sent off might as well punch the ref as well (Why not eh?).

There is a reason almost EVERY sport in the world will dish out a lifetime ban for referee assault. Possibly, but what has that got to do with a football referee abandoning a match?
But they are wrong and you are right.
I feel like I'm arguing with a child or girlfriend who cannot understand logic.
I wonder if you are just playing devil's advocate. If so you play well.

I think Padfoot's analogy doesn't really hold up in that sense either, but not for the bizarre and overly dramatic reasons you give above.

The Referee Store
If I have to tell you why a referee is more vulnerable than a player then there is no point in us continuing.

Only your opinion mate. But to be honest, if your argument follows the same logic as your previous post then perhaps you're right. ;)

Kes, you're just trolling now fella. Pack it in please.

This thread seems to have come to its natural conclusion. Anymore thoughts before we all walk away?

If I have to tell you why a referee is more vulnerable than a player then there is no point in us continuing.
Nothing to do with vulnerability.

If you are willing to abandon a match on the principle that violence against one participant is so wholly unacceptable that the only option is to abandon......then that principle surely applies too all participants?

You are happy that the red card and associated punishment is sufficient for the player who's just headbutted the 16 yr old opponent, but the player who has just pushed the 45 yr old ref in the chest is so much more in the wrong that you believe abandoning the match is the only option?

Two points......any assault is unacceptable on any participant, however, don't we have to keep things in perspective and deal with things accordingly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back