A&H

Absolutely Disgusting Behaviour

The Referee Store
Dear god - what a mess. Cannot help but wonder what on earth was going on for some of it? The ref didn't help himself there either with some of his behaviour. Not that he deserved what happens, mind.

Crazy.

That's cray.

Completely bizarre. The acceptance of violence and aggression in some African countries is beyond me.

As monkey said I don't think the ref helped himself but there's no way he should be subjected to that.

He looks like a FIFA ref though, anybody know who it is?

From a quick research (yes, I'm that sad) it was in 2010, and Mr Tresor Mputu got a 1 year ban for his troubles. Agree with SM - Not sure what the referee was doing, certainly wasn't helping himself with some of his behaviour and the way he went about the incident which led to a bit of confusion. However, that sort of abuse is not acceptable. Some teams really need to have a word with themselves - refs are there to make sure they can play football. Abusing them (us) is just going to destroy the sport. Load of numpties!

I've only had 4 games so far, so quite inexperienced. Of course I know this ref could have done way better, but can I ask you guys what you would have done?

My management is one of the things I have to work on, so would be interesting to hear from more experienced refs to hear how they would've handled this.

That situation seems absolutely ridiculous. First I'd have explained the decision, then told them to go away, then I'd have had to get the cards out. Suspending the game and using the captain to bring over players that you want to talk to/give a card to in order to get the game under control seems suitable. If they want to continue to argue, they can earn themselves a three card trick.

Back