A&H

Any offence here?

The Referee Store
Difficult to tell, none of the replays give a particularly good angle on it but it looks like the player who scored the goal may have been marginally in an offside position as the cross was struck. If you're referring to the player who runs back from on the goal line as the cross comes in, then no.

Offside v the player who was off the park for me...he is clearly in an offside position when the cross comes in and indeed as far as am concerned, he challenges for the ball. Could even say he was interfering with the goalie even before he makes a jump for the ball.
Looks like he was off the park (assuming without permission) also.

he challenges for the ball. Could even say he was interfering with the goalie even before he makes a jump for the ball.
Not for me. The ball is way past him before he ever gets anywhere near it so there's no way he challenges anyone for it. And again, he's not even remotely preventing the goalkeeper from playing the ball by blocking his line of vision.

If you stop the clip on 5 secs, only one of the three players in aid bourne. The player who was off the park. He is also, centimetres away from the defender. If basically being able to touch the defenders shoe laces, whilst jumping for a ball, is not challenging for the ball, then I have no idea what he was doing.

Posted in error
How do I delete this post :facepalm:
Guess I could contribute.... I think I'd give them the benefit of the doubt here. He's kiles away from that ball. He's an idiot for trying and I couldn't criticise any ref for either decison

Last edited:
If you stop the clip on 5 secs, only one of the three players in aid bourne. The player who was off the park. He is also, centimetres away from the defender. If basically being able to touch the defenders shoe laces, whilst jumping for a ball, is not challenging for the ball, then I have no idea what he was doing.
At that point and from that angle you can't really judge his position in relation to the ball or the defender. I think the two replays starting around 47 secs show it best and I would say that he doesn't even get close to the defenders or the ball before the ball has already gone past him. For some reason, he makes a token jump at that point. As far as I'm concerned, jumping in the air after the ball has gone past and when the ball is nowhere near you, is not challenging for it. As he jumps, he is not looking towards where the ball is coming from, he is looking back behind himself at where the ball has already gone. I've no idea why he jumped when he did but for me, it can not be classed as a challenge for the ball.

Not offside for me, did he have the refs permission to re-enter and what was he doing? I am guessing he was challenging for a ball and momentum took him over the goal line and would you keep him off the field? I would allow him just to come back on.

Not offside for me, did he have the refs permission to re-enter and what was he doing? I am guessing he was challenging for a ball and momentum took him over the goal line and would you keep him off the field? I would allow him just to come back on.
He was getting a drink. I wouldn't penalise that myself with or without permission.

He was clearly offside whilst off the park, then proceeded to challange for the cross ball imo

Hi
Whatever about line of sight interference there is no challenge here on an opponent by the player in an offside position. It does not affect the first defender whatever about the second one and he is focussed on the challenge with the goal scorer so the line of sight did not affect him.
IMO correct decision. Stupid play by the attacker as he had to know he was clearly in an offside position!,

Back