A&H

Anybody collect anything?

RegalRef

Politically Incorrect
I am a bit of a fiend on two things -

Apple Technology - currently have 3 iPads, 2 iPhones (6+ and 6s for work) Apple Pencil, Apple Watch and a MacBook Pro)

And Football shirts. I don't really support a team other than whoever Man Ure are playing that week, so don't have the degree of loyalty required to only stick to one team.

Bought myself a couple of beauties this last week - the 2014/15 Real Madrid home and away shirts (yes the away is the bright pink one!), complete with gold 'World Club Cup Champions' patches. Beauties.

I'm always fascinated to hear what people collect and why - anybody got anything?

The Referee Store
Wish I had the funds to collect that much Apple tech! :eek:

Rather sadly, I have programmes from every game I have been to, so there are over 150 of them in drawers and cupboards upstairs, mostly from 'insignificant' Stevenage games (as well as a full excel spreadsheet with match records on :eek:). I have no idea why I keep them all but can't bring myself to chuck any away.

Nike Free 5.0 Trainers, cause they're so fudging incredible, and have never worn anything more comfortable. Though I do need another new colourway.

Staedtler pens, cause I like to think I'm a 'proper geographer'...

And yeah, Fox 40 whistles.
I have myself down as a bit of a hoarder!

but yes, i have a fair few football shirts, mainly england and west ham, but i also managed to get away with a shirt from each of the teams ive played for.

Airguns. Air rifles to be exact.
I'm a bit of an airgun nerd and have owned just about every form of established manufacturer's different model made between 2000 and 2012 at some point. At one point, I owned18 different airguns (much to the annoyance of Mrs Kes) but I've always tended to move one on after a new purchase. I mainly bought second-hand.
My collection has whittled down somewhat now owing to a change of marital status and a different home location, but if anybody ever wants or requires some advice on choosing or using a modern airgun, whether it be a spring piston powered, pre charged pneumatic or even a CO2 powered model - then I'm probably your man. :D

I sadly collect torches, and like everybody else it seems - much to the annoyance of head office. I'm just fascinated in the advances in technology that increase the brightness (lumen output) and the throw/beam distance, whilst reducing the power input required. I remember my first "million candle torch", that was a big yellow beast of a thing - almost needed two hands, whereas my latest ThruNite is quite remarkable.

Chest infections. A new one very year around fitness test time. Looking forward to adding the 2016 strain to the list, as I er, missed out (?) on the 2015 edition :bite:

Also collected opening day injuries for a few years (Kieran Dyer's QPR debut lasted longer than I did that season!), but this year I missed my cue :lock:

Well, as my nick may suggest, I collect books on refereeing, whether they be (auto)biographies of referees, books on the - history of the - LOTG, old magazines or copies of the Referees' Charts. Like most hobbies, it's gotten totally out of hand but at least I'm trying to do something useful with it by posting the occasional review on my site (see below). If you've got any material lying around and think it might be of interest to me, please don't hesitate to contact me.

my favourite ref aut obio is lynch the ref by kevin lynch had it for years do you have a copy
I don't have a copy, but it's on my list of books to buy. Would you like me to point you to a secondhand bookstore where you can buy one? I know it's hard to get, but there should be copies still out there.

Back