A&H

Arab Oil v Russian Gas

I'll use the C word - convenient! (What if he didn't see Fabregas's slap? What was the yellow for? If he did see the slap on Fernandinho, why didn't he show red?)

Call me bitter if you want, but Taylor didn't see the slap and at least one of the three former elite referees who reviewed didn't think it was violent conduct. Have the FA even looked at Ibrahimovic's kick on Coleman's head? Other C words come to mind.

The Referee Store
Chelsea's lowest Premier League attendance at Stamford Bridge: 8,923 vs Coventry City (4/5/94).... 'TAXI for Moosey'??? :eek:
& why was that exactly? Something to do with fact the 3 stands at Stamford Bridge were demolished entirely & rebuilt during the 90's maybe. Evidence of which can be clearly seen in archive footage of the early years of the Premier League. Not hard to see why attendances would be severely affected really, but hey since when have facts been important. Anyway how much money Man City & Chelsea's owners have is hardly relevant to the discussion at hand. :confused:

Call me bitter if you want, but Taylor didn't see the slap and at least one of the three former elite referees who reviewed didn't think it was violent conduct. Have the FA even looked at Ibrahimovic's kick on Coleman's head? Other C words come to mind.

Fabregas not being charged is a joke. Sends out the wrong message that slapping your opponent slyly to get them sent off is okay.
It appears the FA have their favoured clubs and this group includes Chelsea and certainly doesn't include Manchester City (not since 2012 anway)
I don't think Man City are treated any worse than Middlesborough or Swansea, you just don't enjoy the special treatment other teams do.

Last edited:
Our Sheik at Bramall lane is flush... he's made his money in paper and toiletry products in the Middle East! Not as lucrative as oil and gas but always required I suppose

Mr Harding started the transformation I suppose until his untimely death. Roman has taken it to another level. I don't think I've ever heard him talk so can't pass comment on him safe to say you owe him lots for the current and recent successes.

Fabregas was yellow carded in the aftermath, presumably this is the reason the FA cannot act as the referee was deemed to have dealt with the incident at the time. The FA hardly "favoured" Chelsea when they dished out the fines (£375k Chelsea/ £225k Spurs) for last season's "Battle of the Bridge" when Tottenham's 9 yellow cards (should have been more) broke Premier League records along with a retrospective ban for Dembele!

Thing is with all the money in the game fines are pointless. The only thing that hurts perennial offenders is points deductions. Easy to implement, if promotions, European qualification and threats of relegation for the ones that keep erring are direct instant effects!... works for financial misconduct! Stop it tomorrow!

Fabregas was yellow carded in the aftermath, presumably this is the reason the FA cannot act as the referee was deemed to have dealt with the incident at the time. The FA hardly "favoured" Chelsea when they dished out the fines (£375k Chelsea/ £225k Spurs) for last season's "Battle of the Bridge" when Tottenham's 9 yellow cards (should have been more) broke Premier League records along with a retrospective ban for Dembele!

I'm sure the extra £150k stung
By my count Costa is owed about 47 banned matches if what Fernandinho did yesterday was a red card

Fabregas was yellow carded in the aftermath, presumably this is the reason the FA cannot act as the referee was deemed to have dealt with the incident at the time.
Obviously not, as they wouldn't have got the review panel to look at it.

If the FA try to fine City more than Chelsea, I'd hope City take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. They at least seem reasonably sensible...

The appeal of Joseph S. Blatter has been dismissed. As a consequence, the

decision rendered by the FIFA Appeal Committee (FIFA AC) on 16 February 2016 remains in force

and Mr Blatter remains banned from taking part in any football-related activity at national and

international level for six years as from 8 October 2015 and must pay a fine of CHF 50,000.

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Media_Release_Blatter_FIFA__decision_..pdf

Back