A&H

Arda Turan

Y

Yacinho

What happend in his head ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
Violent conduct surely? How the ref only gave a yellow for that is beyond me? (although full credit to the AR for the total concentration on that second last defender!) As it happened AM finished with nine men and a yellow card count of more than half of their team

Striking or attempting to strike (S2)...any object thrown is merely an 'extension of the arm'...? Presumably the caution was given for C1 AA?

Certainly red.

If it hit him the ref would have sent him off so why yellow cos he missed?

He should get an extra red for ****ing it up, not let off with a yellow!

Strange thing to do.... I hope the Spanish FA take retrospective action for that

No, you've all got it wrong.
The referee is very experienced and has judged the mood of the game; in addition Arda has been a sweetheart during the rest of the match and very supportive so he doesn't really deserve to be sent off. Obviously everyone has seen him throw his boot at the AR so something needs to be done but it's largely a technical thing, especially as he doesn't hit him, so as the boot in this instance is an extension of the arm, the ref has booked him for leaving the field of play without permission. Bullshit mostly but I think that you will find that this approach helped with match control and everyone enjoyed themselves as a result.

Back