A&H

Ars Leeds VAR

Ryanj91

Arsenal had their first penalty overturned by VAR.

VAR picked 2 angles. Front view and behind view. That's it. (so basically the same angle). The angles don't really show much as it rather 2 dimensional. Referee overturns it.

AFTER the match, there is the side on view which shows the Leeds player tripped him and the referee was right in what he saw.

So why has VAR shown a lack of camera angles to get the referee to overturn it? Not only that, He told the ref to go to monitor within about 15 seconds, which is probably a record as well.

The Referee Store
i was very surprised by the overturn, although i also thought it was very soft initially and that saka went down before the leg on leg contact

i actually thought it seemed like a change in how VAR was being used as it certainly didnt constitute a C&O error

i was very surprised by the overturn, although i also thought it was very soft initially and that saka went down before the leg on leg contact

i actually thought it seemed like a change in how VAR was being used as it certainly didnt constitute a C&O error
Yeah, I thought it was soft without the other angle.
But the other angle makes it 'stonewall' and what the ref would have seen in real time.

I just don't get the lack of camera angles and why there wasn't a different view, front n back are basically the same for this incident.

Back