A&H

Assistants Buzzer flags

Beeds1978

Level 5 Referee
Hi All

Looking at getting some buzzer flags. Can not seem to get Touchline ones anywhere. So what would people recommend?

The Referee Store
Hi Nick,

You can get a new comms kit set for £400 from a referee store up north. Message me for further details. Better than buzzers!

Hi Nick,

You can get a new comms kit set for £400 from a referee store up north. Message me for further details. Better than buzzers!
They are better, but they also aren't authorised below step 1. I'm aware that some referees do use them at lower levels, but it makes them stand out like a sore thumb as they are the only ones on that league using them. If you look like a Premier League referee everyone will expect a Premier League standard performance and you are setting yourself up for a big fall.

Yeah I agree Rusty, worth thinking about the ins and outs before buying. But if refereeing at a good level (and if authorised) they can only support the team! I’m up north and they don’t need any authorisation, most guys use them semi pro levels now

Yeah I agree Rusty, worth thinking about the ins and outs before buying. But if refereeing at a good level (and if authorised) they can only support the team! I’m up north and they don’t need any authorisation, most guys use them semi pro levels now
Err, no they don't. There are lots of referees on this forum operating in the semi-pro game in England and I'm not aware of any of them using comms kits. At the level they are authorised to be used they are provided for free by PGMOL, so absolutely no requirement to buy them.

I can see you feel strongly about them mate, it’s up north the semi pro guys/girls use them every week pirchased from REFSTORE

I can see you feel strongly about them mate, it’s up north the semi pro guys/girls use them every week pirchased from REFSTORE
What are you defining as up north?
In England, as rusty says, just like vanishing spray etc they aren't allowed to be used without permission.

This also isn’t true. No such thing as semi pro here in reference to referees.
Only people I’ve seen use comms are cat 1s and some 2s.

Was on a woman’s professional game yesterday and there was no comms.

This also isn’t true. No such thing as semi pro here in reference to referees.
Only people I’ve seen use comms are cat 1s and some 2s.

Was on a woman’s professional game yesterday and there was no comms.
Semi pro level of football? Of course there is West of Scotland/East of Scotland and lowland league is all semi pro, be involved in those games and you’ll see guys every week with them🤣

Semi pro level of football? Of course there is West of Scotland/East of Scotland and lowland league is all semi pro, be involved in those games and you’ll see guys every week with them🤣

I retract my punting clobber remark,

The three leagues you mention are classed as pro, not, semi pro.

Anyone actually on promoting would be fully aware of their product and market

There is a remaining EOS ' junior ' league, plus in the north.

thats all off topic though, for which I apologise

Hence why I said in reference to referees.

Only 1 of the 5 WOS leagues use assistants and comms aren’t always used, having worked with referees who do these games.

Hence why I said in reference to referees.

Only 1 of the 5 WOS leagues use assistants and comms aren’t always used, having worked with referees who do these games.
I never said they are “always used” mate, I said you will see guys with them every week in the west of Scotland prem! Not every ref

You’ve ran my line as well Degs so you know the script with comms

I never said they are “always used” mate, I said you will see guys with them every week in the west of Scotland prem! Not every ref

You’ve ran my line as well Degs so you know the script with comms
Did we use comms?

I have some Ervocom flags which are excellent.

Only issue I have is that the strap leaves a nasty rash mark afterwards. If I tighten it is sore if I loosen it comes loose.

Tried tubogrips which are too tight.

I think I need to do some experimenting.

Any ideas folks? Have a macron undershirt - only issue is that the pouches are quite flimsy.

Back