A&H

Bad News..... Good News-ish

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Well, had email and phone call all with an an hour of each other both games off this weekend..... Then lo and behold another email with another match on Sunday, U18, but i'm not holding my breath it is hammering it down out there so it might turn out to be 400m breast stroke qualification for the 2056 Olympics.

The Referee Store
I'm expecting my morning phone call tomorrow letting me know my game is off.

:)

British weather eh?

I'm afraid so, i have emailed the home manager hoping for a pitch update it's only a mile from where i live and its pouring down at this moment

Well, 39/40 games postponed in the Lancs Sunday League, one left, on an all weather pitch.And it's blowing a gale and very cold, my sympathies to the ref......

My game got postponed today after it failed my pitch inspection, pitch was awful (although there was apparently a game on before hand) and with a 40mph winds it was a no brainer to postpone.

The trouble with council owned pitches is that.... they don't inspect their pitches like we do(of course) They are more worried the damage caused by 23 people running up and down churning up the grass. They will just cancel all of them once they know they a bit too wet and soft.
The other week i went to inspect a pitch on a Friday(match on saturday)just around the corner from me, and yes was soft after all the rain but not flooded or anything so definite playable.... but the council called off all their pitches.......

Back