A&H

Badges for new kit (CFA/FAMOA)

george.g

Level 5 Referee
Looking to get the new 2022 Nike Referee Kit from RefStop.

When choosing badges, any idea what's best to go for (I'm looking to hold onto this kit for the while, and as I move up through the levels).

Currently thinking FAMOA badge (heat applied, and to order it with the kit), and then to use double sided sticky tape for my CFA badge (which I currently do) for County Cup and other competitions.

Any ideas if it's better to just go for both badges to come as a part of the kit?

The Referee Store
Looking to get the new 2022 Nike Referee Kit from RefStop.

When choosing badges, any idea what's best to go for (I'm looking to hold onto this kit for the while, and as I move up through the levels).

Currently thinking FAMOA badge (heat applied, and to order it with the kit), and then to use double sided sticky tape for my CFA badge (which I currently do) for County Cup and other competitions.

Any ideas if it's better to just go for both badges to come as a part of the kit?
Get FAMAO and a stick on county.
You don't want to get to a higher level and cross border games where one of the games is for the county thats on your chest

Get FAMAO and a stick on county.
You don't want to get to a higher level and cross border games where one of the games is for the county thats on your chest
Yeah, that is a very good point. I observed on a supply game in Northamptonshire when the away team were from London. All three officials had travelled together from London and two of them had London FA ties on when they arrived, and one had an LFA badge on his kit. Only closed book advice, but I asked them to think about how that could look, and indeed it did lead to some comments from the home club. Obviously if it was an FA competition they would have to wear county badges, but the FA very rarely appoint match officials from either of the competing teams' counties for that reason. Certainly not in the South East anyway, but I realise that could be tricky in some areas.

Yeah, that is a very good point. I observed on a supply game in Northamptonshire when the away team were from London. All three officials had travelled together from London and two of them had London FA ties on when they arrived, and one had an LFA badge on his kit. Only closed book advice, but I asked them to think about how that could look, and indeed it did lead to some comments from the home club. Obviously if it was an FA competition they would have to wear county badges, but the FA very rarely appoint match officials from either of the competing teams' counties for that reason. Certainly not in the South East anyway, but I realise that could be tricky in some areas.
Have had it once or twice but geography in the south west dictates and luckily enough I have pretty northern accent so any jibes get shut down pretty quick

Back