A&H

Biography of Björn Kuipers

RefereeingBooks

Hi,

Earlier this week saw the publication of a biography of Dutch elite referee Björn Kuipers. My compatriot Jan, of DutchReferee.com fame, was even present at the launch.

The thing is, I'd like to sound you all out to see whether there is any interest among you for an English translation of this book. If so, there's a chance I will get the job of translating the book. So please let me know if you'd like to read about Kuipers' life and career, or better yet, let the publisher know, at info@pharosuitgevers.nl.

Thank you!

The Referee Store
Hmmm. Tell us a little more about the man? I know a little about his football reffing stuff, but what else would there be to know?

Well, I haven't read the book yet, but I do know he's a successful entrepreneur, owning and operating a number of supermarkets in the east of the country. Apart from that, he recently started a speaking tour of theatres, explaining to his audience the torturous beauty of our profession/hobby using props, volunteers from the audience and video footage. He's very reticent about his personal life, that's what I'm hoping the book will disclose a bit more about.

Last edited:
Back