A&H

Bit of an odd one!

RefJef

RefChat Addict
Been "browsing" for a while, so I thought it time I signed up.

I first qualified as a Class 3 ref back in 1999 (I dug out my old certificate to check!) and ref-ed a bit back in the day. I'm a teacher, I qualified so I could ref inter-school games (I'm a maths teacher by trade, the reffing was something I offered as an added extra)

Moved schools a few times and found myself reffing less and less - not so much football being played at new school, family commitments etc. However, about 3 years ago moved to a new school, that plays a lot of football and found myself both running a successful U15B side and taking to the middle, whistle in hand, when "my boys" where at home. This season, I have ref-ed more than coached (most of my teaching colleagues are far happier to be the gaffer on the sidelines than the man in the middle and more than happy when I volunteered to ref their games) and, once again, really enjoyed the experience, so much so that I thought I'd re-new my certification.

Contacted my local FA (Somerset) in the hope that I could just take a quick test on the LOTG and re-badge from an old class 3 to a shiny new L7, but not so. So I've booked myself on a ref's course starting in July so hopefully I'll be a freshly minted Level 7 ref by the time the new school year starts. I suspect the bulk of my refereeing will be inter-school games, but, when time permits, I hope to start ref-ing some local grass roots games as well.

Anyway, that was a rambling way to say "Hi"; glad to join you and, I suspect, I'll be asking many more questions than I answer, so thanks in advance for your support & guidance.

J

The Referee Store
Welcome aboard the good ship refchat mate. :D

If we have any maths based questions I guess you're the man to come to? :)

for example, if, on a Sunday morning, I have 22 players (11 v 11) playing a game of football, and need to dismiss (red card) 4 of them from 1 team ... what do I have?

hi btw :confused::p:D;)

Back