A&H

Bit of an oddball

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
Been asked to referee a ladies game (OA), this is the same club where I also coach.
Around the 20th minute in first half I could see some kids playing behind the opposition goal and distracting away keeper. Next break in play I asked one of club official to move them.
They(kids) replied with we can do whatever we like as this is open age.
At halftime I went over and politely asked them to move with spectators, same answer.
After game ended one of mother(also a player in said match) started to shout at me while still on fop, for everyone to hear with her husband in tow.
I walked off preventing a shouting match, and advised the home coach that a misconduct report will be filed(there is also a caution).
What would you have done and some info on how I can word it.

The Referee Store
Don't approach spectators. When the game is stopped, a polite request for help with the home team club official that you want the problem resolved and why (distracting the keeper in this case), game doesn't restart until it is sorted. If you're unhappy, the home club helps you or the game stops and stays stopped.

What did the mother shout? I am guessing when you say mother you mean mother of one of the little tikes who refused to move?

Yeah the mother of one of the devilish cherub, started shouting I had no reason to talk to the kid as his parents were there, the husband in tow, aggressively said if I had anything to say to kid to say to parents first etc...
The irony of it all is that this particular mother also coaches the u14 girls... she must have missed the respect code lesson.

Well, those kinds have got zero chance of growing up to be well rounded human beings (as they're already beginning to demonstrate)

Back