A&H

Brighton penalty...var...again

The Referee Store
Nothing surprises me with the PL's use of VAR anymore.

Every week we are seeing the country's top referees made to look incompetent due to the ridiculous protocols and "high bars" the PL has put in place.

Reactions: es1
I’m genuinely expecting something along the lines of “From one angle it looked a foul, from another it’s inconclusive and therefore not an error.”

It’s impossible in real time but on reverse angle it’s clear. Chris Kavanagh won’t be thanking Jared for that one.

• Haha
Reactions: es1
I'm surprised no more added time was added considering 2 further cautions for time wasting.
I wish referees would caution far earlier. Martinez was clearly doing it earlier and even after a public hurry up, he still didn't get cautioned until the 97th minute.

I'm surprised no more added time was added considering 2 further cautions for time wasting.
I wish referees would caution far earlier. Martinez was clearly doing it earlier and even after a public hurry up, he still didn't get cautioned until the 97th minute.
Was just going to comment the same thing, the whilstle blew 9 seconds beyond the added on 8 minutes. Ridiculous and embarrassing. No wonder players and managers get so frustrated when blatant gamesmanship and cheating is seen to be accepted. :mad:

Difficult to blame the officials when their management flip flop around all over the place, seemingly changing what is the bar for contact and what constitutes a clearly and obvious error every other week. Last weekend penalties were being given for the slightest of contact, this weekend you can whack someone full force on the leg and it isn't a penalty.

This is the last weekend of Riley in charge before Webb takes over, I suspect we will see immediate improvement in VAR and its consistency of use.

Was just going to comment the same thing, the whilstle blew 9 seconds beyond the added on 8 minutes. Ridiculous and embarrassing. No wonder players and managers get so frustrated when blatant gamesmanship and cheating is seen to be accepted. :mad:
Yeah, that was poor. Although Dunk didn't help matters by getting involved as that contributed to the delay.

7 cautions for Villa, that's going to get them a charge.

Back