A&H

Called for First Hearing

magpie1892

Level 7 Referee
Following on from this thread http://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/racist-comment-by-player.6538/page-3#post-56337, I have had a letter from the County FA saying the player has requested a personal hearing.

Pretty pleased I submitted a report at the time now (sorry Padfoot!) as least I can use that to job my memory and its an accurate reflection of what occurred at the time.

As I didn't hear the comment id imagine my part will be brief but still nervous about it!

Does anyone have experience of these or any advice they could give?

The Referee Store
If you're allowed, take someone with you.
Stick to the report. Don't add anything new. Don't embellish.
Don't take anything personally. Be business-like and professional.
Don't argue or make snap come-back remarks.
Only speak when spoken to.

Thanks, have pinged an email to my RDO as the teams involved are under a different county FA to the league I referee in.

Unfortunately because the word 'racism' was involved the FA will charge on the evidence of the tramp that lives under the bushes behind the goal.

Utterly against the principles of fair justice and once players realise this, expect more and more cases of people being accused of saying something racist that you didn't hear.

Unfortunately because the word 'racism' was involved the FA will charge on the evidence of the tramp that lives under the bushes behind the goal.

Utterly against the principles of fair justice and once players realise this, expect more and more cases of people being accused of saying something racist that you didn't hear.

Yep. Sad but true. :(

The politically-motivated hysteria of the modern age. So much madness and genuine criminality going on around us unpunished every day, but point a finger at somebody and say either of the two hysteria words "racist" or "paedophile" and they're immediately presumed guilty until proven innocent. :rolleyes:
Politics and sport do not and should not mix. :cool:

Suited and booted, stick to the facts, answer any questions, and always remember: You are a witness and not on trial in any way whatsoever.

Keep your answers short. Don't try to explain anything if it can be answered by 'yes or no'. This is unnatural and uncomfortable to do, but it's the best way to go.

Back