A&H

Caution or not…?

Yoda_72

Player jumps into a tackle with force, but cleanly takes the ball before the man.
Is this considered a caution because he’s being reckless and out of control with the jump tackle? Or is this just a robust tackle because he cleanly retrieved the ball and play carry’s on?
Does the action of jumping in the trigger the caution, even if the ball is cleanly won?
I gave a caution to calm him down and prevent him from doing it again, but wanted a sanity check…

The Referee Store
Player jumps into a tackle with force, but cleanly takes the ball before the man.
Is this considered a caution because he’s being reckless and out of control with the jump tackle? Or is this just a robust tackle because he cleanly retrieved the ball and play carry’s on?
Does the action of jumping in the trigger the caution, even if the ball is cleanly won?
I gave a caution to calm him down and prevent him from doing it again, but wanted a sanity check…
Doesn’t need contact afaik, reckless then a yellow, excessive force or endangering an opponent then a red. Your description sounds like it could be red

I'm with OUMW.
You're using classic actions that CAN lead to excessive force, safety endangerment etc.
Obviously you were there so we're best to judge if the action was reckless, but forget about the ball, the ball means nothing when judging excessive and reckless challenges

Sounds like your in the yellow going red ball park, but it's a YHTBT situation.

'Force' is subjective, and every referee will judge it differently to an extent.

You need to use the guidance for careless (just a free kick), reckless (caution) and excessive force (red card), as reproduced below. Note that none of it refers to whether the ball has been won or not, if they win the ball but in a way that has disregard for the opponent it is still a caution, if they win the ball but in a way that uses excessive force and / or endangers the opponent it is still a red card.

1678131576424.png

Back