A&H

Champions League Final

The Referee Store
Not often I applaud the TV but that equaliser was a thing of beauty!!! Great final so far!!
Ramos is a walking card, can't see him behaving for the full 90 minutes!!!

Solid display bar the stinking dismissal . To anyone saying the secind yellow was deserved I say fine, but second yellow Ramos too for ADTBI

Not too keen on officials in that blue with Real in purple

No idea what ref, AR1, 4th and even man behind goal saw!

Whats he even been yellow carded for? Aggressive? ADTBI?

Ramos tckle is a foul for me. There is nochance he isn't wiping out Cuadradomwhen he makes that tackle.
Ramos should have been sent off much ealrier IIRC

Ramos tckle is a foul for me. There is nochance he isn't wiping out Cuadradomwhen he makes that tackle.
Ramos should have been sent off much ealrier IIRC

Couldn't disagree more. It's a great tackle, hard and fair. If we start penalising that sort of tackle then we might as well ban tackling altogether

My mistake. He got the ball, what was I thinking?
You 2 probably thought the tackle that broke Luke Shaw's leg was legal

I've watched it again just in case i made an error of judgement yesterday...and it's about as clean a tackle as you could wish for.

He gets all of the ball and in the unavoidable follow through cuadrado trips over ramos's body.

I wish you good luck dealing with the dissent you'll get if you penalise that sort of tackle on a saturday / sunday league game.

Not everyone can or will ever agree with every post on the forum, but, am dumbfounded that anyone would consider that tackle to be a foul !

You are allowed to make contact with the opponent, its timed perfectly, even the opponent seems in awe of the tackle on him and its not even close to the Luke Shaw tackle.

Been at a tournament all day Sunday, appx 30/40 refs there, not a single mention or indication that tackle was a foul.

Europes (best?) ref and AR1 of the moment deemed it perfectly legal too, but then again, some folk on here know better !

Reactions: es1
Europes (best?) ref and AR1 of the moment deemed it perfectly legal too, but then again, some folk on here know better !

Might as well shut down this forum then is higher level means infallable
You're making out like I've said it's the worst tackle of all time, it isn't.
However Ramos leaves the ground and launches into a tackle where he (fortunately) takes the ball clean as a whistle with his left foot and wipes out an opponent with his right.
A split second late and this tackle is a red card so spare me your faux indignation.
I didn't call this a foul in real time and needed a slow motion replay to identify it as one.
Doesn't change what happened after either way

A split second late and this tackle is a red card so spare me your faux indignation.

I think you have summed up the tackle here. Its not late. Its not a split second late. Its perfectly timed. Its not dangerous. Its not reckless. There is no either attempt to injury or factually injuring going on. Ramos got so much of the ball that all the opponent would have felt, is, ball, not a kick/swipe/leg/boot.
Where would you rather his right leg went? It can only go where it went. Its called a tackling motion.
So, we agree its not late at all, and he inflicted no injury nor intended to and he played the ball as clean as a whistle.
yet you deem that to be a foul
"leaving the ground" might indeed spark off alarm bells in an officials head, however, nothing, nowhere in the LOTG does it mention that you can, or cant, "leave the ground".
You are perfectly entitled to penalise that tackle in your game if you wish
And I am perfectly entitled to simply award the throw in.

in that pic, I don't see a single issue. Your definition of a tackle is vastly different to mine. And that's fine, world would be a boring place if we all thought the same.

Correct, its the same as saying, oft, if he had not moved his hand away just as he did then that would have been a penalty.
Had he been later then we might have been looking at a very different incident. I would love to have seen/heard the conversation
"Mr Ramos, great tackle, however, I am going to sanction you because if you had not tackled the way you did you might have hurt someone"

Back