A&H

Championship Playoff Final

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Bearing in mind this is *not* a fans forum this in no way meant as a celebratory post 🙂

That said, another master class from Michael Oliver in many regards - identification of offences, non offences and advantage among other things.

In fact the only subjective call, that I’d disagree with was the simulation caution. Initially did think he’d pointed for a penalty until commentators disabused me of that notion. There’s boot-to-boot contact, and while it’s not a foul I think that a caution goes on the harsh side. However, if players didn’t cheat there wouldn’t be these type of calls.

Also hope Tom Lockyer recovers from whatever afflicted him. Nasty memories of Eriksen in the Euros, going down like that with nobody near him.

A straw hat on the shirt,
David Pleat a-leaping,
31 years of hurt,
Never stopped me dreaming 🥳🥳

Yeah ok I fibbed. I’ll issue myself a warning 😆

The Referee Store
Bearing in mind this is *not* a fans forum this in no way meant as a celebratory post 🙂

That said, another master class from Michael Oliver in many regards - identification of offences, non offences and advantage among other things.

In fact the only subjective call, that I’d disagree with was the simulation caution. Initially did think he’d pointed for a penalty until commentators disabused me of that notion. There’s boot-to-boot contact, and while it’s not a foul I think that a caution goes on the harsh side. However, if players didn’t cheat there wouldn’t be these type of calls.

Also hope Tom Lockyer recovers from whatever afflicted him. Nasty memories of Eriksen in the Euros, going down like that with nobody near him.

A straw hat on the shirt,
David Pleat a-leaping,
31 years of hurt,
Never stopped me dreaming 🥳🥳

Yeah ok I fibbed. I’ll issue myself a warning 😆
It was a penalty, but I had little sympathy for the fouled player because of the exaggerated way he went down
He'll have to improve on his cheating technique if he's to flourish in the Big League

Last edited:
I also thought he gave a pen to as did my boys leaping around the living room. Also the roar from my neighbors too.

But Proberly the camera angle

But great profomance by the third team

Don't believe every contact is a foul, so even if there was contact, and looks like there may have been, there wasn't enough for a penalty and think the yellow card was deserved for the context of trying to win a penalty in such a crucial part of the game.

Back